Looking for an MD who believes in RAW

I am new to the Raw lifestyle and am searching for an MD in my area who believes in the Raw way of life (don’t want to hear lectures). I would go with a holistic doctor but my insurance won’t cover that. Would prefer to have a general practitioner who understands my way of living. If anyone knows of a good GP in the Philadelphia, PA area, please let me know. Or, if you have any recommendation on how I can find one.

Thanks.

Comments

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Hi – I had written before, but it was during the server-change so I think my message was deleted…
    Basically I said I was sorry that I do not have a doctor to suggest because I live in NY, but I wish you all the best in finding one…

If you haven’t already tried this—You may want to consider calling the holistic health care providers listed in your area, explaining your situation (that you don’t have insurance coverage for holistic health care) and asking if they might know of and be able to refer you to a ‘standard’ General Practitioner who is familiar with the raw-food lifestyle. You may find a practice that could do you that service…. Also—sometimes Massage Therapists have a good low-down on which local doctors go beyond ‘the main stream’...
    Best of luck to you!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Dr. Joel Fuhrman is a naturopath and MD. I think he’s in the NJ area. He doesn’t advocate 100% raw, but he’s pretty close. His website is drfuhrman.com

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

My mother is an MD psychaitrist, I don’t know if you’re looking for psychiatry or something else.. We both eat raw and she is working in Central Maryland right now. We are considering moving to Western Maryland. I assume it’s too far, but let me know if you’re interested.

• Thank you all so much for taking the time to try and help me out. GreenGhost – I will take your suggestion and try to go through the Holistic Health Care providers. Greenie: I will reach out to Dr. Fuhrman and see what that brings. RawKidChef – I am looking for more of a General Practitioner – but thank you:)