Concerned about "heat treated" mangos

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I just read that all mangos are “heat treated” to kill fruit fly larvae before shipping. Needless to say, I am totally dismayed. How true is this?

Comments

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Nobody has anything to say about this?

• Hi Moth, I saw on another site where people were talking about this that they are heat treated. Someone also said that they had seen the seeds sprout after that so I don’t know what to think. Boy, seems like it is always something isn’t it?

• They are fine in y opinion. For me raw is about LIVING foods. The heat obviously does not kill the mango or it wouldn’t ripen, it would rot.

James

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

If producers will soak fresh produce in PPO and formaldehyde, it is hard to imagine there is anything they wouldn’t do.

I Codex get’s there way, pretty soon they will all be irradiated.

• Meditating:

I think moth is talking about fresh mangoes. They are bathed in warm water before they come into the us or canada. but you are def right about checking out dehydration temps with the company.

james

ps. about contacting companies: today I called the artisana nut butter people and was glad to find out that everything they make is truly raw. thats right, from harvest to end product they ensure that the temp never exceeds 115 degrees. they even have they cashews mechanically shelled instead of steamed. last time i called them they were still using some cooked ingredients.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

NAGEV – Right after I posted the post you responded to I realized I misread Moth’s post. I edited mine but yours posted before mine did and now the thread doesn’t flow (but that isn’t always the case anyway).

Business people do anything to pinch a penny without concern for how it might compromise other’s health. There aren’t many penalties for doing that.

Alleged health professionals don’t care about nutrition either. I just visited a friend whose 14 year old child is in the final days or weeks of her life and I couldn’t believe the garbage they have been feeding her. The child has cancer, is being poisoned with chemo, irradiated, and you are feeding her that vile crap. I just don’t know which was worse.

• I work for whole foods and this is what was on their blog:

Here in the U.S. we get mangoes from all over the globe