Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Upset about Grapples

Saw a product in the produce store called Grapples. It is an apple that taste like a grape, I thought it was a hybrid food and bought some. Didn’t really care for them that much and so crossed it off my future shopping list. Recently I found out how the grape taste is put into the Apple. An artificial grape flavoring is injected into the apple. Never mind not being raw, with the artificial flavoring I don’t even know if this thing is Vegan. If anyone ever offers you this scam of a product you should refuse.

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

That is horrible! I can’t believe someone would think to try and flavor an apple to taste like a grape…why not just eat grapes?!

• That is pretty freaky. I wonder if it had high fructose corn syrup in it too. They put that in everything now a days. I heard about the medical community experimenting with putting innoculations on apples to give to large groups of people so needles don’t have to be used and fewer nurses are necessary.

• i to have tried a grapple. not what i expected and have never ever eaten one again, but must add they do smell so pretty!

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

I saw that in the store. My mom bought them, but I didn’t even want to touch it…the idea of that is so unnatural. It kind of freaked me out.

• On their web site I found this article:

USDA Grants help provide schools with Grāpple® brand apples! USDA Grants help provide schools with Grāpple® brand apples! Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program a huge hit!

“I ate it all, even the core!” boasted Peter Twist. “We are so lucky,” said Jan Holt, Director of Child Nutrition Programs at Camp Lejeune. “Yes, more labor is involved, yes, it’s more costly, but it’s so beneficial for the students. It’s worth every second.” Grāpple® brand apples are just one of the popular choices being served at some of our nation’s schools.

It seems the federal govt has provided grants to Grapple and that they are peddeling this junk to schools. Talk about pushing drugs on kids.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

That reminds me of a book that I think everyone should read. Fast food nation by Eric Schlosser.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Sure glad I won’t let my son buy school lunches!

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

When I grow up and have kids, their going to be homeschooled…seriously this is crazy what the government is doing….Or I’ll create a raw vegan school or something. We should be able to eat fresh organic fruit and vegetables not this junk they inject with artificle coloring and flavor.