Bad Digestion

Hello Everyone! I am fairly new to being raw. I have always been a very healthy eater but was turned on to the the raw lifestyle by a friend from my yoga class. I keep reading posts with people saying “I’m not digesting nuts well right now” or “I haven’t been able to digest grains lately.” I’m just wondering, how do you know? Is it bloating, cravings, the rate at which you eliminate? I feel like I am usually very in touch with my body and I should be able to tell if I am not digesting something properly, and I have had no problems thus far. I can’t tell if I truly am digesting things well or maybe I am just clueless. Thanks for any advice anyone might have!!

Comments

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Going to the bathroom a lot is a very helpful way to know. Some people feel tired and sluggish after too many nuts/seeds (high fat foods).

Cheers,

Kristen Suzanne

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

I had a lot of bloating and digestive issues at first. I am glad I did not eliminate nuts because it really had nothing to do with that. My body was just working some stuff out.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

One of the reasons I started on a raw diet is because of my bad digestive system. As soon as my body was cleared out and only raw food was going through it I was easily able to tell the foods that messed with it. I thought I was in touch with my body before I started raw but now I can tell immediately if something isn’t right when I eat certain foods.

I never cared for nuts so I never eat them but seeds have never given me a problem at all. But like bitt said, you’ve got to let your body work things about before eliminating things.