Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Gone Raw server always down??

Hey everyone! I’ve been having a lot of difficulties accessing the webpage lately, more than usual. I’m constantly trying to get on and the page never loads. Is this due to high traffic, server repair, or other reasons? This problem has been consistent the last few days. Is this only happening to me or…? I love Gone Raw and it’s tough when its down! :(

Comments

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

You’re not the only one tree. I have been having a lot of trouble getting online as well.

• ME TOO! What else am I suppose to do all day at work than surf goneraw???!

• Same here! But, I figure it’s the only way I can get motivated to separate myself from all of you fascinating folks! :P I actually made it – FINALLY – to the book store today when I couldn’t get on and ended up buying “The Raw Food Detox Diet”. YEAYYY! They had absolutely NOTHING by David Wolfe! What is up with THAT???

• I definitely have the same issue… WAAAAH!

• I have similar problems on a regular basis. When it’s up it’s fast but it’s down frequently. :(

• I’m sad to here i’m not the only one, I wish everyone else wasn’t suffering.

Slcogliano: I went to my local library and they had NOTHING on ANYTHING! I had to order books that and I’m still waiting. I did get Matt’s RAWVOLUTION book. Absolutely fantastic! He likes to use ALOT of garlic though, so I tone it down a notch.

Hopefully they will have everything running up to speed soon. I love being able just to hear other peoples comments on recipes, and how they went about doing it. I find it more soothing than a book because you get a lot of other perspectives on the same topic!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Thanks for all of your posts – we have been out of town at a conference for a few days and unable to address the issues. We’re back and have been working on the site.

• what’s going on with this site? it’s a great resource, but the site is down more than it is up and when it is up, it’s S-L-O-W. have been looking for other sites to supplement or to use instead of, but haven’t found one as comprehensive, so making due.

really leaving the door open for a competitor…

• Amen CBK.

I have been unable to get on Goneraw by far the majority of the times I have tried this week, in particular, even moreso than the usual difficulty I run across at least once or twice a week.

Perhaps if Kandace and Ray could offer a membership-type deal where people could have the option to “join” GoneRaw, paying a small fee ($20-40??), then could have the upgraded feature of being able to contact other members through GR messages/emails, Kandace and Ray could use the money to enhance and upgrade their bandwidth or find solutions to the problem? In other words, similar to what VegWeb.com offers.

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

This always happens to me when I’m trying to check a recipe, completely screwed my work food prep as a result last weekend!

Also have problems with recipes uploads, esp adding pics which is such a shame as I guess alot of people judge recipes by the pics, oh well, keep trying eh?

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

We hear you! We have pinpointed a few major upgrade needs and are in the process of hiring a programmer to address these. We can only ask for your patience during this process.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Kandace, this may be a coincidence (maybe not), but Sierra Club AGAIN had a GREEN TIP of the month that mentioned raw foods and it had a link to goneraw.com. Of course, this is great news. But the last time they did that… Gone Raw was down… with all it’s popularity these days, maybe Gone Raw can’t handle the number of people checking out the site. We’ll see if happens again.

Oh, we didn’t know you were hiring… nice.

• 7 out of 10 attempts or days I am unable to get on to Gone Raw. It is so frustrating! Or, if I surf the site it freezes up on me.

• oooooo. i work in online marketing and there is nothing more frustrating than a down server or getting picked up from a major news source or site and the site being down.

in the meantime being patient and awaiting the improvements.

• Me too!! Sometimes it’s really hard to get on.. I don’t know, but it seems worse at night… It’s horrible.. I love this website and I’m aaaaallll ways getting recipes here…

• I can’t believe it I got in from my house for the first time in over a month now. I know a lot of people are having problems getting in too but the funny part, or I should said, the sad part, in my case I was able open the site at work but I have not time to realy browse because I work for a community college and I’ve been working non stop from 8:00am to 7:00pm for the last three weeks. Any way I’m so happy is working today and please what ever you guys did to please keep that way.

I’m a big mess without my favorite raw website, there many out there but none like goneraw and all its beautiful people.

Thank you, love you guys. :)

• this happens so often it was starting to annoy me big time then i decided it was worthless to get all upset over and told myself that it is generally down around lunch and dinner time and i imagine all these lovely people flocking to the website searching for new recipes to make for their next meal… and the thought of it just brings me so much JOY