Healing a Hip

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Hi All! My husband, a distance runner, has a very bad hip. It’s always inflammed (at least that’s what I’m guessing based on his pain). He’s vegetarian but not vegan or raw and has no real interest in either. So.. my question is what kind of food/ superfood/supplements can I have him load up on that might a) help him feel better and b) maybe experience the power of healing foods?

Comments

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

Does your husband know what is causing the hip pain?

I used to have a bad hip. It was strange, it wouldn’t bother me at all unless I walked very long distances and then it would flare up and all of the sudden I couldn’t take another step without intense pain. I had no idea what was going on. This bothered me so much because I love to run/walk/hike. Anyway, this was happening for about 2 years and then this last spring I was tested for food allergies/intolerances and I found out that I’m gluten intolerant (wheat, barley, rye, and oats) and I’m allergic to casein (dairy protein). I have cut gluten and dairy completely out of my diet and all of my hip pain went away. I’m not sure why food allergies cause joint pain, but it was confirmed by my dr. that they indeed do.

Maybe he could look into seeing whether or not he has any food allergies?

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

thanks jellibi.. that sounds like a good idea. His hip pain flares up while running, etc.. but we don’t erally know the cuase

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

MSM!!!!!!!!!!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

kminty that’s no fun for him. I limped around with a bad hip pointer for a week! What’s worse is i’m a physical therapist and can heal thyself! Finally, I took the time to allign my pelvis, sacrum and lumbar spine, iced that joker and got on the spin bike to lubricate once i was in normal allignment. Gone! also make sure he’s drinking 1/2 his body weight in ounces of water with no exercise. he’s going to need to bump it up further being as active as he is. This is a great website www.watercure2.com. It’s a little messy to negotiate this site but if you go to testimonials/health problems, you can look up anything. So much in the hip is actually referred from the lower back. ie: pelvis slips up and sacrum turns,leading now to a “short” leg. Glueus Medius tries to stabilize the pelvis, goes into overdrive and you’ve got a nasty hip! Find a good PT who knows Muscle Energy Technique and Strain/Counterstrain.

• hey kminty3,

I have worked with a naturalpathic doctor and in doing so i was let on to some information about a Vegen's actual nutrient intake. I have eaten vegan, macrobiotics, body ecology etc.

all of which hurled my body and my mind into an unhealthy fog because my body was not set up with the required microorganisms to digest the already malnourished plant matter (because the soil was not properly inoculated). These are cleansing or outdated diets in my opinion and not meant for long periods of time. unprocessed raw meats and vegi's must be eaten to gain the nutrients we need, cooking food kills its electrical flow and changes the chemical make up of the minerals and vitamins because the electrons boil off so to speak.

much love

billy