Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

BBQ Bar and Grills.

I can’t believe that there used to be a point in my life where I actually used to love going to these type of slaughter houses…ermmm I mean restaurants. The smell of burning flesh in these places used to make my mouth water but after just a short while of going raw I think I would throw up if I ever went to another of these places. The people who own and run these places really would benefit from the words and ways of life the people here adopt. I know everyone has freedom of choice to eat and live their lives how they wish but I don’t think God made us to eat flesh. When I hear people say things like “If we weren’t meant to eat animals, why did god make them out of meat”........Aaaargghh!

I’m just really starting to feel great about trying to adopt this going raw lifestyle.

Comments

• LOL That’s Hilarious!

• I think No Bones has been on the herb,...green stuff if you know what I mean.

• LOL That’s Hilarious!

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

God told Peter, “rise, kill and eat”. But in the beginning he gave man every tree and herb to eat from. So it would seem the “idea” diet is fruits and veggies, but meat is not wrong. He also told Israel to not eat pork. He never forbade meat all together. But depending on your religious beliefs you will look at this in various ways. But I am starting to really believe that an all raw diet is “the best” diet and closest to what God intended to be perfect, but we live in a fallen world.

• I don’t know that I can logically agree with that. Why would other animals eat meat but not humans? Why would God supply the Earth with fire if he hadn’t intended for us to use it (if you believe in God)? Even many tribes who have been around for many centuries cook their food. It seems that cooking food is entirely natural and if you want to believe it, God accepted. Jesus ate Bread, which is cooked. He also had no problems helping fishermen with eating their catch. Lamb was also consumed during Passover in the Bible (it is assumed that Jesus also ate the lamb… isn’t that ironic?! ;)). So why would God want us to eat raw, but not have issue with his son eating cooked meats?

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Rawry, I have no problem eating meat, I still do. read my profile ;) I can see a case for raw being the “best” way to eat, but because of the fall of man we became imperfect and thus allowed to eat meat and even enjoy it in my opinion. But on the flip side of that just because scripture says he gave them every plant and herb to eat from doesn’t meant that pre-fall they would not have eaten meat because he did give them dominion over the animals.

• That’s an easy one, Rawry. The bible is a fairy tale. A work of fiction. So it doesn’t matter what is written in there. That’s like me basing my diet off of what Harry Potter used to eat in those books.

• Caleb, Rawry, God also gave us dominion,

Dominion Over the Fish of the Sea, and Over the Fowl of the Air, and Over Every Living Thing That Moveth Upon the Earth Every Kind of Beasts, and of Birds, and of Serpents, and of Things in the Sea, Is Tamed, and Hath Been Tamed of Mankind

That doesn’t mean we are supposed to lap them up with a belch and the last slurp of gravy..

• The book was written like some 300 years after Jesus died. How can anyone keep an accurate accounting of anything after 300 years. And if God didn’t want us to eat animals, he wouldn’t have made them out of meat.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Oh, I got it now. We three trolls!! Adios now!

• I have to admit that from time to time I still enjoy the smell of a neighborhood BBQ, but just one thought of my poor cat Akex skinned and rotating on a spit with a little crabapple in his mouth is enough to quickly bring me back to reality.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I’m officially ignoring nobones for a while.

Okay, screamingherb, rawry and nonemoreraw. None of what Caleb or I say to you applies if you aren’t a believer but if you are let me say this.

At creation humans were given dominion over all animals but we didn’t eat them. When man sinned the perfect world God had wanted was destroyed and we became something imperfect and many things were changed. We had to work for food, women would feel pain at childbirth and we would eat cooked food including meat. I agree with Caleb that RAW may be the “best” and closest to God’s original plan but it doesn’t apply since sin entered the world.

• I fully respect your right to believe, but I just can’t agree with that. I am familiar with the Genesis 1:29 diet, but all of the available research has shown that it is an extremely unhealthy diet for humans. It also takes a long, long time for our digestive systems to evolve and adapt to new foods. We wouldn’t have been able to just flip a switch “after sin”. Granted, much of this boils down to belief vs. non-belief of the Christian Old Testament, but there is much biological and anthropological evidence to support my claim. Why would God place an object in the vicinity of his perfect creations and tell them that its off limits? Some say that this was to point out that Humans had free will, but if you grant free will, you are right off the bat dismissing perfection. So, in essence, you can’t have it both ways. And I’m not looking for a fight here, these are all lovely stories, but I’m not a fan of being preached to, especially when you make assumptions about what God wanted.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Rawry, thanks for respecting my beliefs and I am fully aware that there is absolutely no reason for you to logically accept what I am saying. I take it on faith. Just like you take whatever you believe about the beginning of our existence (theory of evolutions, big bang, etc) on faith.

I believe we were created perfect and because of sin became imperfect. Our bodies are no longer what they were created to be which is why there is cancer, diabetes and whatnot. Eating how our bodies were originally created to eat is not how I came to eat raw. I came to eat raw because my body wasn’t functioning on SAD.

I don’t want to preach to you and I’m sorry if I came off like that:) Just explaining what I believe.

• Evolution theory has nothing to do with faith. For some reason, I always hear people make that argument, and it just doesn’t make sense. Believing in God is faith, believing in evolution is scientific study.

• troublesjustabubble:),

You are talking about original sin not vegetarianism. In all my years of christian study I have never heard a link made between the two. As a believer I feel I can tell you a theological explanation of what you are trying to understand.

The concept of original sin did not exist until Saint Paul spoke of it in Romans 5:12-21 and then Corinthians, I forget the c+v but I think it was around 15:22. The concept of original sin as you describe it is only implied loosely in Jewish scripture, Mostly in Psalm 58:3. Now original sin is just that it is sin we are born with. It does not equate and never has to a need to eat meat or a struggle against doing so. Genesis states that we have dominion.and God says we have freedom of choice. Absolution from original sin and the need or desire to eat meat are not and never have been part of that. God had given us no indication as to how to absolve original sin until he spoke through Jesus Christ and Saint Paul. Even then it has taken thousands of years to understand what that message is and it does not include Dietary lifestyle choices as far as my reading of Scripture and the Gospels goes.

You maybe able to quote some Scripture or Gospel that I have overlooked that contains reference to original sin and cannibalism. If so I would be grateful as It must have slipped by me. God Bless and peace be with you and yours whatever.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

And if God didn’t want us to eat animals, he wouldn’t have made them out of meat.

No Bones, you are stepping over the limits of what is acceptable here. Please remember that this is a raw, vegan board and statements like this are just plain disrespectful of the entire community. We respect everyone’s right to discuss their personal views, but this isn’t a place to joke in such a way about veganism; this is a vegan community. We don’t expect that everyone here is 100% raw or vegan, but we do expect you to be respectful of such views.

• While we’re on the subject, it would be appreciated if 50% of your posts were not simply “LOL That’s hilarious!”.

Please try to contribute, or we’ll politely ask you to move on.

• Kandace and Ray, you guys are doing great here. It’s good that you moderate here because I play drums and used to be a member of a music forum and there is no moderation….it used to get real nasty. No one needs that. Great site once again.