Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Waterbaby..

2»

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

WOW!!! To All YOU beautiful raw friends, how lucky I feel to have you, your thoughts and prayers!!!

There are NO words to express how much your notes have meant to me!!! My daddy lived 24 hours longer than he needed… His worse fear was to loose his mind and not know anyone or what he was doing…

On Saturday, Dad had a beautiful outing with mother for an ice cream cone, but had a stroke after returning home… We got oxygen (helped with the anxiety), side rails (so he wouldn’t fall out of the bed), a bedside commode (never used as I was able to get him up to the lavatory) and medications, all from Hospice to help with his pain from the metastasized prostrate cancer (skull, spine, ribs, & hips) We had a terrible night, unable to relieve Dad’s extreme anxiety & pain…

At 8:24 am Sunday, Dad had another stroke that left him totally unaware and no longer in control of himself… Hospice gave me a new combination for giving the meds, so I was the able to relieve his pain within 2 hours (Praise the Lord)... Mother & Dad had a peaceful night together under my watchful eye, while giving dad morphine every 2 hours… At 8:20 am Monday dad’s breathing took a significant change for the worse, so I gave him the medication to ease his breathing… When I turned his face to me and placed the med under his tongue, I knew death was imminent so I encouraged mother to change places with me, my eldest son was also there and we were all loving on him all during his death… Dad’s last breath was 8:33 am Monday Sept. 22, 2008

Thank you for taking the time to give me your support and strength as I wrote a tribute to my dad …And was able to get up in that huge church and speak in front of 600-800 friends, relatives and customers, without stumbling… Without out YOU, this would not have been the case… Again I thank YOU from the bottom of my heart!!!

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

waterbaby…. I am so sorry to hear about your father….I’m sure he was at peace when he left, being surrounded by such a loving family. Now he is light and spirit and all his pain is gone. Blessings

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Waterbaby, what a beautiful tribute to the relationship you had with your dad that you were able to speak at his funeral. You and your loved ones will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers during the coming days and weeks. Take comfort in the words of the 23rd Psalm.

Love, Your “Sister”

PS: Here’s a great big {{{{{BEAR HUG}}}}} all the way from Georgia. Cash it in any and every time you need it. There’s no expiration date.

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Hey Waterbaby good to have you back.

That was a beautiful account, it cant have been easy to write and brought tears to my eyes.

What you did to make those last few days sounded amazing, you were so strong.

I’m glad we could help with love and best wishes, it continues to astound me how fantastically supportive people on here are, considering most have never and may never meet face to face.

Here’s to your Dad, your family and your amazing courage. How lucky he was.

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

Waterbaby, my sincerest condolences for you loss. I had to say goodbye to my dad in 2000 so I know your pain. I’m so grateful that I was present and holding my fathers hand as he passed. ((((( HUGS )))))

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Waterbaby – BIG HUG to me from you! :( I hope you heal quickly from your loss and we glad to have you back here with us! :)

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

How wonderful to have your Dad with you for so long. You will have so many good memories. I will be keeping you and your mother in my prayers.