Status Update

kandacekandace Raw Newbie

We recently put up a number of updates here on Gone Raw. We’re happy to report that the site is much more stable now, but we’ve recognized that ultimately the code isn’t tenable long term.

This just won’t do! So, we’ve set aside a big chunk of time over the next two weeks to move Gone Raw to a completely new system and computer. This means that you won’t see any fixes to the current site while we are in production.

We’re very excited about the new site (which will look quite similar overall with some way cool features). We have every confidence in all smiles – we’ll keep you updated!

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Great Kandace!

One request: Could you please make sure the code works and is tested for for Internet Explorer! I know that IE isn’t a preferred browser for some but many people here are using it and have the skimpy and feature-lacking looking forums for the last week or so. :)

Thanks! Looking forward to the new and improved Gone Raw!

• This is really great news. I’m brand-new to GoneRaw.com, and I’m excited to try to use the information here . . . but it’s awfully hard to find things.

Will there be enhanced and more usable search functionality in the new setup? Categories for recipes? File box dividers for my recipe box? (Once I get more than a couple dozen recipes, it’s not worth much to me because everything is so hard to find in a long list!)

Do tell us more, please, about what’s coming up, and when!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

queenfluff: We’ll definitely keep IE in mind with this fix.

annalea: Welcome to Gone Raw! We’ll let you know what is coming up as soon as possibly. At present, we’re still in the midst of programming, so do not want to post any specifics until we have everything tested and working. I can say that we are aware of the difficulty with searching and that this is on our list to address.

At present, recipes do have categories. Look at the right column of the recipes page. Click on any category and you’ll see recipes in that particular category.

• I could not update my profile information. I use firefox (latest) on a mac.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I use the latest Safari on a Mac and I really want to update my profile. Thanks Kandace.

• Coming soon! Any day now with all the updates!

Trust me, there will be big changes. You may get sentimental for this setup! :)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Can’t wait! :)

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Hoorah! Waiting with much eager anticipation!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Oh my goodness, CAN’T wait!!! Thanks Ray for the heads up!!!