*Kinda Embarrasing Girly Question* - For Females

Hi Gals!

I have been eating raw foods/ high raw for about 9 months or so, and I love it! I feel better and all is great. The one thing I have noticed since going raw that I don’t like is that I am less “lubricated” “down there”. Even when I am having sex and I climax am not as wet. I haven’t gone totally dry yet or even close but I’m worried I might be heading that way.

I eat a healthy amount of fat, avocados (1 day), coconuts (1 a day aprox) and olive/flax oils (on salads). So I don’t think is that.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I the only one?

Any input will interesting to hear.

Comments

• Hi Shutter Nutter- I’m not very lubricated to begin with so I always use lubrication now I don’t know if I am less lubricated than before, I may need to experiment. Using lubrication is one extra step but not that big of a deal. If you are worried you should see your doctor. Good luck!

• Thanks Stephanie!

I’m not too worried, just curious if anyone else has noticed the same. :)

• I don’t have a problem, either, but I have two thoughts – more water (drinking) and more oral sex/foreplay? Or cute outfits? Do you feel sexy?

• Superfood, yes I feel sexy … totally. I have lost 20 pouds in the last year, my sex drive has gone up (not that it needed much help to start off with – I think I might be peaking) and I after 7 years of marriage I still have plenty of sex with my husband (willing and all, LOL).

I’m going to keep an eye on my water intake and make sure it’s not that I’m dehydrated – good idea.

The theory I had was that maybe since I wasn’t eating as many mucus forming foods (like cheese) it might also have some effects on lubrication down under.

• Hi ShutterNutter. I have just the opposite happen when I eat high raw. Your theory does sound logical in a way…I would bet it may be different (for different reasons, too) for different people. ??

I would just point out to not let yourself worry and stress about it, if you can- the whole “what we focus on is what we create in our lives” thing! :)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I think alot of us girls have more mucus ‘down there’ when you are SAD because lot of women have candida. I notice too that I have less white cottage cheese looking discharge down there now I am mostly raw and it is more just thin and white. I think perhaps the discharge we have prior to going raw is just heavier and we notice it more.

Although I do think, depending on what you are eating too, that the raw diet makes certain parts of our body more “dry” – this is because we are used to having things like oily skin or hair because of all the fried foods we may have eaten. All that extra bad grease is gone.

Make sure you get in oils like avocado, olive and coconut in your diet.

I find that coconut oil helps. Certain condoms make me more sore and dried out than others (even ones that didnt before) so I think you also become more sensitive to chemicals that might dry you out down there when they didn’t before. You might want to take that into consideration too.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I’d like to know how to cut down on all the lubrication, haha! At least my boyfriend isn’t complaining.

Condoms dry me out a little too.

I agree with Superfood, keep an eye on your water intake.

• Another thing might be if you use conventional tampons- they have dioxin and synthetic fibers in them that causes dryness down there (among other things). Maybe you’re more sensitive to that now.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

How old are you? You look too young to be having this problem.

• I upped my water intake and voilá all is back to normal … very much so! :)

I was nerver super dry, I just felt I had less lubrication than before. Just drinking more water set me straight. Easy solution, uh?

Thanks everyone!

Nathalie