Painful Detox?

Hi All,

I’ve been transitioning into raw foods for a couple of weeks now, right now I’m at about 75% raw 25% cooked. I just started at that rate this week and have been feeling really awful!! I have a nasty sore throat and have developed two canker sores in my mouth and overall have a general achy feeling. Could this be detoxing or do I just have a cold? I’ve been a vegetarian for 12 years and since June I have tried Natalia Rose’s detox plan with a mix of Fit for Life for dinner recipes since they are so yummy. This is the first week where I’ve upped my raw food intake considerably.

Any thoughts on detoxing or what others might have experienced would be helpful. I really can’t tell if I just have a cold or not!

Comments

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

It might be helpful for you to do a salt water flush to flush out the toxins in your intestines and colon.

You will need alot of time for it because you will not be able to get to far away from the bathroom. one quart of pure water ( i have a RO on my sink) and 2 tsp of sea salt. drink it all but i use a straw and drink like a cup at a time and wait 5 minutes and drink another cup and so on till it is gone. other wise it would make me gag. then you will feel it in about 1/2 hour and you wont be able to do anything else for about an hour after that. it makes me feel better and less toxic. cuts down on the pain for me.

good luck and hang in there. I have felt great going raw. it is when i cheat and eat cooked for convenience that i feel bad.

• Blue_Eyes, do you only do a salt water flush when you have cooked food or do you do it on an all raw diet as well??

mostly when i eat sad. Which I have done alot of since putting in my notice at work. now everyone wants to go to lunch with me. and around here there are no options. the fruit in restrauts make me cring. they say fresh friut plate but ooooooo they are just nasty. Sad people just dont understand what “fresh” really means. yuck

as far as the flush I dont do it often just when I feel I cant take the bad feeling anymore and I will think of this and it always makes me feel better and even helps to clear my mind. It could be all in my head but if I feel better to me it worked!!!!

oh and yeah I have done it on raw once but just as a help from anything bad I have eaten. I struggle to stay raw with all the sad people in my life. I get guilted into it. I need to stop being so weak where my life choices are concerned

lil’fawn

I see you like acting. What all do you do? I have been in several plays and one low budget movie where I was Cut LOL. They are planning on doing some movies here in Peoria but not sure I will be around for them

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Achy feelings can come from your blood being full of the toxins that you’re eliminating. Try and move around a bit, and if you’re not up to doing that get a kind soul to give you a massage. It will help to flush your system. Drink plenty of water, loads of green juice, and smoothies. If you have a sauna handy that would help as well. All the normal natural hygene cleansing methods also aid detox like: enemas, colonics, castor oil packs…

If all else fails and you just feel too sick, eat more cooked food and your symptoms will stop, which will show you that it was the detox causing it. You may need to take your transition slower.

Or you alternatively, you could increase your raw intake and go 100% for a while, or juice fast, in order to fast track the detox, and get through it quicker.

There are so many different ways to go raw, and ways of being raw, you just have to experiment and find what works for you.