Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Organic Coconuts No shipping on the East Coast

waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I paid $4.00 for each young Thai coconuts at my co-op and they weren’t organic, so I feel this is a great deal… Just thought I would share, hope you too get a good deal… smile

http://www.rawguru.com/store/raw-food/certified…

Comments

• Yeah, I got this e-mail about them too! Sounds like a great deal, especially for organic thai coconuts. I could use them before Thanksgiving though! ;)

We’ll see! I’d be paying about $65

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

10 coconuts for $44.95 on the east coast… Any amount over $100.00 and again NO shipping, so combined with another product for an additional savings… Not bad!!!

• okraokra Raw Newbie

i always buy a case of young thai coconut for $12~14. i’m living in michigan so need pay for a shipping like $12…. but still thinking and dreaming about how taste great will be! and over $100 makes no shipping sounds great, i guess i should try it!

anyone had organic thai coconuts before? are they really different?

okay, i’m going to order them anyways, thank you waterbaby!

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

Yikes! They’re only about $2-3/each organic at my co-op. Even that’s too expensive for me.

I wish I could get them cheaper somewhere…even non-organic..they’re just SOOOO GOOD! The water that comes out of them tastes so unbelievably amazing, I refuse to mix it with anything, I just chill it and drink it straight.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

What co-op has organic Thai coconuts? I have never seen organic ones in any store.

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

There’s one here in Atlanta called Sevananda Natural Foods. At least they’re organic as far as I know…99% of everything they stock is organic. They will only carry conventional if they absolutely cannot find an organic supplier for something that’s in demand. If it’s not in demand and unavailable organic, they won’t carry it.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

BRAWYN32 Organic foods are important to consumers who shop at natural food stores. Certified organic foods are always marked. A producer is not going to pay to certify produce and then not label it. They can’t recoup the expense without it.

Sometimes small, “natural” producers who can’t afford certification will prepare a bio for display next to their produce which states they don’t use chemical fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides. However, these foods still cannot be labeled as organic.

If coconuts are not labeled as organic, there is no reason to think they might be organic.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I bought them from genefitnutrition.com, I remember the price being similar. I live on the east coast so I couldn’t order from rawguru if i wanted to?

• Our co-op has them…sometime…but they are $6.00 a piece, so I never get them sigh

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

RawKidChef~ This price is good for those who DO live on the EAST coast… So I’m confused by your statement…

Okra~ The shipping is already included in the $44.95 price… My suggestion was if they had something else you wanted to order, then add it with the coconut order to add up to $100 so your total shipping would still be zero… My kinda shipping charge…$0.00… Nice!!! And YOU are welcome!!!

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

To anyone who has a southeast asian store in their city, investigate the produce options!!! My Vietnamese store is currently selling 3 coconuts for $5.00. I don’t know if that’s a special price or their regular price, but I definitely plan to go back again to find out! They also sell really nice asian fruits and vegetables. Sometimes they have specials for cases of Alfonso mangoes (the little yellow ones). They sell Durian, Pomelo, Asian pears, Dragon fruit and a lot of other exotics. I tried a mangosteen for the first time (not so cheap at $1.25 each). Make friends with the people who work there. They’ll explain how to tell when something is ripe and how best to use it. They’ll also direct you to the freshest items. I realize that the produce is nowhere near organic there, but with coconuts particularly, does it really matter?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

waterbaby – yes now I see it. I thought by your title “Organic coconuts no shipping on the east coast” meant that the coconuts could not be shipped to the east coast, but now I see that it means there is no shipping cost to the east coast! Haha, silly me. Thanks for the post about the coconuts! :)