Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I think I'd like to try a Colonic

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Where do I start? Can I do it at home? Any advice? What happens?

Comments

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I would suggest you find someone who does them professionally. and make sure they only do a 45 minutes per session, anything longer could hurt you.

• Also make sure that they are using the ‘closed’ system (not the Libby). Seems to be a lot safer and more controled IMO.

• beanbean Raw Newbie

I’ve always been curious about this- what are the benefits of a colonic? I know it cleans out your digestive system, and there’s the obvious easier digestion and getting rid of built up toxins, but doesn’t raw food do that naturally anyway? Is there really that much stuff built up inside people? I’d like to try one too, MOTH- let me know what your experiences are with that!

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

They say that there is so much stuck to the insides of your colon (pounds really)that you need to get that out and Yes raw does work but this helps speed things up so it will not take years. I have never seen the stuff that all the web sites talk about coming out but then the stuff goes out the tube so fast all you see is a brown mass going thru and not really knowing what It all contained.

That said I am glad I did it.I did feel better

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I recently had my first one too and I thought it was effective..

• MOTH – If you’d be willing to travel to NYC to try a colonic, I HIGHLY recommend LYT (Love Your Transformation) on 5th Avenue. I think it costs about 90$ and they use the “open” system.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i love LYT. i hate to travel into NYC to get it done though because it feels like i just pollute myself back on the way out… there is a GREAT woman in Greenwich CT i can recommend for the same price: http://internal-hygiene.com/

i have mixed feelings about colonics. in the beginning i felt they were effective, but colon hydrotherapists recommend getting them done once every 2 weeks for raw foodists, which i feel is WAY more than i need. the last one i got will be my last for a while.

no, it doesn’t hurt at all. but it’s weird.

• iknikn

I’ve been thinking about getting a colonics too. But I feel very unconfortable going to a stranger to perform something so intimate.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I did a series of 3 last year. i read a recommendation to do this in a series of 6 at season’s change so this is a good time. I did not buy into the 30 visit package because i was high raw at the time and in 2 visits, the tubing was totally clear. A professional center is quite clean and discreet, though by visit #3, i was getting to be good pals w/ the owner and being such a Virgo, i really did not appreciate having conversation during the procedure! :D Because I only did individual sessions, it was $85/visit. It’s considerably less to do a package. MOTH- you are so high fruit, I’m guessing 1-2x and you’ll just be passing water. usually, you place the lubricated tube in yourself and they start the warm water running through the colon. because the colon has 3 large parts, evacuations usually come in 3s (a helpful tip when you are thinking you might be done). When you get 3 totally clear is a good time to stop. A good hydrotherapist will go over all of this with you. Well… you asked.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

COOOLL people! Thank you SO MUCH for your ASSistance (haha – couldn’t help it) in this matter! :-D

I love NYC – love the high energy rush I get when I go there – so I might check out LYT! Anything to give me an excuse to go to the city.

Though I know what pianissima means about “polluting thyself on the way out,” LOL. Once I spent an entire weekend there at 6 months raw and when I got back to Boston, I was blowing black soot out of my nose.

I’m glad I have nose-hairs!