Evaporated Cane Juice (in Hemp Protein powder)?

Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

How good/bad is this for you?

I put Living Harvest Hempseed protein powder in my smoothies…but good lord does it taste like crap. I used to love my green smoothies…but this stuff makes them taste so bitter and gross. They make a vanilla spice flavoured version but I opted out of it because it had evaporated can juice in it.

As it stands though, I just can’t get another canister of the plain version…it makes me not even want to drink my smoothies. Would the flavoured version be that bad?

Comments

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

Instead of using the hemp protein powders you could try just using hemp seeds in your green smoothies. I can’t really taste them at all.

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

I can’t get raw ones though (illegal in the US). :( Are the roasted ones just as good?

and can you get them in a decent sized bag? The ones I’ve seen are like $8 for an 8 oz bag…I’d go thru that in like 3 days. I can’t even afford the big $15 canister of powder… fail

• jellibijellibi Raw Newbie

Oops, sorry Branwyn. I thought it was raw, but it’s probably not.

Yep, it’s pretty expensive, but I don’t eat a lot at a time. Maybe a tablespoon or so a day (in my morning smoothie), so a bag lasts a couple of weeks.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Here’s a brand you can get online or at your local Health Food Store. http://www.livingnutritionals.com/index.php?cPa… If the link doesn’t take you to the seeds, click on Nutiva and go to the organic hemp seeds. Good luck!