Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

desperately seeking face lotion!

chicorychicory Raw Newbie

I have always used cetaphil in the past for my super sensitive skin, but stopped using it a few months ago, because it has citric acid (aka msg) I tried coconut oil, olive oil as OCM, then as lotion, but both make me break out in tiny sandpaper like pimples everywhere. So, I am still using commercial lotion, aveeno ultra calming, which had been working pretty well, although it doesn’t really sink into the skin so I have to keep using it. (plus it has fragrance… for sensitive skin?,,, why! argh!) SO i need recommendations for a face lotion that doesn’t cause breakouts, absorbs easily into the skin, and doesn’t have wheat or soy ingredients. My skin is acne prone, oily with a very dry and peely outer layer. It’s driving me crazy! The aveeno has started to fail me in the last few days.. my under eye area stings like crazy and are bright red, swollen, and lined from the lotion. the rest of my skin looks chapped and awful. I really need something soon. Any great natural lotions out there? I have a reunion in a couple of weeks, and don’t want to show up looking like crap as I do now.

Comments

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

citric acid is msg? learnin new stuff all the time, I too have extremely sensitive skin when my skin needs deep moisture i use coconut oil but if used a lot same result I have had great success with Aubrey Organics Vegecol with aloe moisturizing cream number 6 for sensitive skin product number 19A it has no wheat or soy and the preservative is aubreys formulated citrus seed extract vitamins a,c, and e I use the face wahs toner and lotion and all together was 30 bucks seemed expensive but has been the only thing to work on my picky skin www.aubrey-organics.com and of course vegan no animal testing recyclable container and biodegradable ingredients are on website they have a full line so you might want to make sure this specific one is right for you and let me know if you find a better deal.

Peace Light and love hope this helps you as it has me

• Hi Chicory Check out www.LAFMiracleSolutions.com or http:///www.miracle2network.com. Thier products are very pure. We have been using them now for several years. The lotion has Eloptic energized stabilized oxygenated water, cold pressed avocado, almond and coconut oils, and vitamin e. Another sited to check out is www.katscreek.com Her products are. Our favourite is Whipped Shea Butter. It has grape seed oil, palm kernel oil,cacoa seed butter, vegetable glycerin, beeswax, allantoin, vitamin e, and essential oil of balsam peru. She also has I nice hand lotion made with goats milk.

• i use osea skin products (www.oseaskin.com) i have incredibly sensitive skin and i’m prone to breakouts and very combination oily/dry areas. i’ve been using osea for about a year and my skin has completely transformed. i use to work in the skin care business for a little while, for a natural skin and body care brand, but continued to use osea during and after my stint in the business. i would suggest buying one of their travel packages so you can try a few different products out before deciding what works best for you. although you’ll have to play around with different brands to figure out what works for you, i highly suggest osea.

• dr hauschka-pricey but you need to use so little it works out

http://www.drhauschka.com/

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

hmm… thanks for the suggestions, but the osea stuff has citric acid (msg), and the dr hauschka stuff has fragrance and lecithin (soy) this is why it’s so tough to find something! even the “good” pricey stuff won’t work for me.

• itouristitourist Raw Newbie

Neutrogena face lotion without the SPF

For your acne, eat bananas daily. It’ll help your body get rid of the toxin instead of them coming out your skin.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

there are so wonderful products on www.poshorganix.com the woman who runs the site is a raw foodie and really educated about ingredients and such.. and I’ve noticed the prices are lower than anywhere else I’ve seen!

• chicory, I’m not sure if this will help, but I use only vaseline on my face at night and wash with nothing but water in the morning. I also suffer from combination skin, but find that this works the best for me. Few breakout and skin irriatations. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water. Good luck with your search.

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

If you have problems with acne then anything with oil even if it is natural will not make your skin better. It seems like your skin is very sensitive too. If I were you I would try to stick with only natural and unprocessed stuff. I know it sounds crazy, but try apple cider vinegar (raw of course) during the day. It is natural, moisturize (believe it or not), and cleans at the same time (and will make your skin glow) and it is not greasy. Give ti a try, I’ve seen people with similar skin issues and it had worked fine for them.

• @Chicory Citric acid is Msg?

Citric acids chemical name is : 2-hydroxypropane-1,2,3-tricarboxylic acid

Msg is:Sodium (2S)-2-amino-5-hydroxy-5-oxo-pentanoate

Its to very different chemicals, one is a sodium and the other is an acid. I havent heard of processes where msg turns into citric acid or vice versa. Do you have a source? Vaseline is a petroleum jelly so i wouldnt put that on my face. Have you heard of Raw Gaia? their proucts are excellent.

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

Hi Chicory!

I bought a walnut-based face lotion from Nature’s Gate that I LOVE. They have quite a few formulations, and they are always very simple and natural. I’d check them out!

lushpapaya…. check out this link on MSG… http://www.truthinlabeling.org/hiddensources.html msg is a freed glutamic acid. I also tried using ACV, but after a week I started get tiny non inflammatory pimples all over my face

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

chicory, your skin sounds just like mine. It’s very frustrating, the oiliness and the peeling. Even just splashing it with water can make it inflame and peel. Sucks.

Oh, I tried the AVC, too. It burned my skin and I had diluted it. I don’t know what to do.

• Msg and Msg acid is to different things. I know im being nerdy here but it doesnt mean that citric acid always contain/turn into msg acid. Citric acid is an organic or natural acid found fx in lemons.

Ok nerdery aside. ACV is a bit harsh to put on your face. Maybe you could try a skintonic made out of chamomille with lavender oil? That should soothe your skin. Then you could use a natural oil as a moisteriser ie coconut oil or maybe avocado oil?

msg is one form of a freed glutamic acid molecule. citric acid is rarely made from citrus anymore, it is produced by fermentation of crude sugars. When “citric acid” is produced from corn, manufacturers do not take the time or undertake the expense to remove all corn protein. During processing, the remaining protein is hydrolyzed, resulting in some processed free glutamic acid (MSG). “Citric acid” may also interacts with any protein in the food to which it is added, freeing up more glutamic acid.

• Ah, I can completely relate to your issues with skin sensitivity, breakouts, oily and dry. Ugh! I finally after years of research, discovered the BEST most loving, natural, raw, vegan, organic, wildcrafted, handcrafted skin care on the planet. It has completed healed and beautified my skin. I get compliments on my skin all of the time now, which still shocks me because of how my skin used to be. My most favorite is the RoseGlow Face Cream: http://store.livingearthbeauty.com/RoseGlow_Face_Creme_50ml_p/ll10.htm

Or check out other options here: http://store.livingearthbeauty.com/category_s/3.htm

Stunning healing and beautification, naturally! Raw, Vegan, and organic too! YAY!

• I just purchased coconut derived vegetable glycerin from iherb. The reviews said people use it on their skin, lips, hair, etc. as a moisturizer.

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

i love love love e3lives face cream!