80/10/10 help

rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

Im set off to start 811 but failed. It got so cold day 1 and i just couldnt make it, i tried for 4 days … no excuse, i know. i even failed raw … i wanted something warm and heavy … :( something else i had a hard time with was salads with no oil, terrible! have any oil free dressing u love??

and what do u do these colder days with regard to food and 811?

Comments

• Actually it’s not the best time to start 811rv, and this is not a “failure”. The diet is hard especially in the beginning.

What did you eat during the four days?

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

mangos and bananas, green smoothies. i would eat a large fruit meal for breakfast but when it came time for lunch i wanted something savory. and then for dinner i would have a salad but they all tasted horrible without a oily dressing.

• If you eat fruit all day, you can have an oily dressing with your dinner salad. This is what I do.

• Instead of oil you can use a small amount of avocado or a few nuts blended with vegetables like tomato in a blender. Oil is empty calories, it has no nutrients besides fat. Eventually you’ll love to eat salads without dressings but this is a great transition dressing.

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

rawmamanibbles,

I actually started 80/10/10 one year ago yesterday. While it was very hard and I had many setbacks, I’m really glad that I started in winter. It made the next summer all that more pleasant and easy! :)

I think the trick for me then (and still today) was only eating fruits that I loved. I ate lots and lots of oranges and grapes. I hated eating bananas straight so to get enough calories, I ate lots of smoothies of bananas and frozen fruits like blueberries and strawberries. Using frozen fruit gave me much more variety and I didn’t feel so restricted.

As far as craving warm foods, just eat more fruit. You’ll still want warm foods, but that will diminish once you stay raw for a while.

And remember, it’s about the direction, not how fast you get there. When first starting, I broke from the plan almost every other day. But even still, I was eating more raw than cooked and that’s what matters. :)

Swayze

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I’m not 80/10/10, but I made a blender soup the other day that included a tiny thai bird chile (about an 8 out of 10 on the heat scale). I removed the seeds before adding it, but it would have been even spicier had I left them in. The soup was very spicy. It warmed my insides immediately. I blended the soup for a while, so the ingredients were room temperature. It wasn’t a hot soup in the traditional tempertature sense, but it was definitely hot in the internal heat sense.