Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Buckwheat

I want to make a sprouted buckwheat pizza crust. Do I buy hulled buckwheat? What merchant do you use for raw, organic grains? I found several online. Thaks in advance.

Comments

• Bump.

I need some help here, friends. I have no clue how to buy this buckwheat stuff.

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

Hi stRAWberry,

Below is info from sproutpeople.com (love them) even though I buy mine here in town at a health food store I always go back to the sprout people site for the how to's for each seed, grain, bean, whatever.

Buckwheat Groats

These are hulled Buckwheat (Groat actually means "a hulled seed"). They are one of the quickest sprouts around - soak 'em for 1/2 hour, rinse a few times and you have sprouts in about 24-48 hours. They are nutty, plump and extremely tender. A great snack!

Enjoy your pizza!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I am not an expert but I think you would have to buy hulled in order to sprout, but again I don't really know... I have seen the buckwheat in the bulk bins at my whole foods store... Sorry I can't be of more help...

Good job gratefultobe, your post beat mine!!!

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

:) waterbaby just by a bit, huh. Well, just shows we both wanted to lend a hand. Nice. Turns out with pretty much the same idea too. Sweet raw dreams everyone...

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

hey, just a quick question. I usually make pizza by sprouting the buckwheat, but I am had all my sprout trays full, but would like to make some now. can I not just soak it for five hours and then make the pizza? Or am I just dreamng.

• FeeFee Raw Master

I read somewhere that it soaks up all the water it can in 20 minutes so 5 hours would be fine. Ive started bing really lazy and just soaking it overnight and not bothering to sprout it at all.

• can you still digest unsprouted soaked buckwheat?

• EvaAfricaEvaAfrica Raw Newbie

Definitely sprout hulled buckwheat. It's impossible to sprout the unhulled seeds, I've tried! Then someone in the raw know told me to only sprout hulled buckwheat, sprouting some myself at the moment.