Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

GoneRaw status report please...

chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Hey Ray and Kandace,

It's been a while since the "big change". So I thought it may be OK to pester you now. I have a few questions.

Will we ever be able to edit our previously posted recipes? - Will we ever be able to change recipe pictures again?

Among other things I need to go in and change all my .33's to 1/3's etc. I went to the trouble to post it that way in the first place because that's how you wanted it. But now the '.33' shows on screen, not the 1/3. Now My recipe pages are full of comments of people asking each other what .33 means. Also The last picture posted on my recipes before the change is now the only picture available and some of them are not my pictures and very mis-leading.

Will we ever be able to pull up a list of our own forum posts again? - Will we ever be able to search our own posts by keyword? - Can you send me a file of all my previous posts?

I've tried using advanced search and the 'trac' screen. This does not bring up all of them and I can't figure out why it chooses some but not others. If I had known we would lose them, I would have backed up all my posts before the "big change". I put a lot of work into some of those posts and now it's all lost in everything else. I used to refer back to answers I had spent a lot of time over and use those responses again to help people who come to me now. This made for better quality responses, especially when I am rushed for time. As anyone who runs a raw website knows, you do tend to get the same 20 questions over and over along with the original questions. I always cherished my old posts for this reason. can I pay you for your time to send me these? It would be worth it for me because of the time it will save me. Also I was planning on using some of my old posts as a basis for new pages on purelyraw.com. Now I have time to update my website and I've lost a lot of old writing.

Comments

• I have a few questions too. Will we ever see the top 5 recipes on the home page again? Will we ever see pictures of recipes on the home page. I get really tired of those "hand selected recipes" that show now. I used to look up recipes here on a daily basis and it was a great resource. Now, since the change, I hardly ever visit this site. I hear many others saying the same.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Great questions...

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Will you be able to fix the Gone Raw links from before the upgrade so they still work? I'm particularly concerned for the recipe links. A lot of recipes refer to other recipes for components.

The Eggcellent Scramble recipe referred to in Writeeternity's Deviled "Eggs" recipe is a good example.

• erinerin Raw Superstar

Thanks so much for the great website update Kandace and Ray. It looks and works really well. The only thing I miss is that I can't go to someones information page and see all the recipes they have posted. Now what I see are their favorites and the last things they have commented on. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place? Thanks so much, keep up the great work!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

emtpdmom~

If you are looking for the posts in reverse chronological order (more than the ten on the home page), simply click on the "more" link right under the "Recent comments" section and to the right and above where it says "Newest Members".

Bluedolfin, you're so smart. I thought I had already checked that one out. Did it originally just move you to the Forums page? Well, this "old dog" just learned a new trick. Thank you muchly. How 'bout posting that one on the Use and Tips Thread. Then I'll add it to the Index.

Yes emtpdmom, Great question about the old/now dead links to older recipes.

Also emtpdmom, The track tab is unfortunately chronological and if you don't know when... try finding my "Greek Wow Sauce" it's 11 pages in because of all my posts.

also instead of recent comments on the main page, please go back to "recent active forums" this will mean that threads stay up longer on the main page since there would be no double listing.

This would also put brand new threads on the homepage. As it is now, someone must first reply before a thread moves to the homepage. Some good questions are going unanswered. If you browse the Forums you will see quite a few n/as.

There are a LOT of good things going since the upgrade. The site just needs a little more "tweaking".

yeah, I'm with you on that too.

• I really liked the top 5 recipes on the Home page too. I tried quite a few and enjoyed the constantly changing list, it gives me another reason to check back often. Is there another place to look for that?

This thread is taking on an almost nostalgic feel.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

emtpdmom~

... awe shucks... *tail swoosh*... no, you are not losing it. At one time the link did go to the Forums page. Then, magically, one day, it did what it does now. It is actually one of my favorite features... I guess Kandace/Ray heard my very loud weeping about losing the feature and brought it back. ;)

Hi Erin. You can still see another member's posts and recipes. Click on the "Track" tab. You'll find all their recipes mixed in with the forums they've started and those they've posted on. The "recipe" and "forum" tabs on the main member profile are what we used to refer to as "Recipe Box" and "Watched Topic." Click here for some additional tips and hints on navigating Gone Raw. There's an explanation of Tracking as I understand it in reply #8 on that thread. Hope this helps some.

(EDIT: As you will see in Bluedolfin's reply, this suggestion is not needed. The feature already exists.)

I miss the way we could see individual posts. As it is now, you can only see the last ten. Then you have to search through the forums. Before the upgrade we could see each individual post in chronological order back forever, or so it seemed.

Does anyone know what the little smiley faces are for? The ones under our picture and to the left of our posts.

Right after the upgrade they were "live". When you "hovered" over them they told you when the member was on line last. If the icon was bold (as compared to the currently grayed out) the user was online.

EDIT: Now it looks like there are two shades of gray. The darker ones appear to be members currently online (maybe???). Obviously, then the lighter ones are not currently online. I've tried to test it several ways. Most of the time it tests out like this. But sometimes my icon is darker even when I'm not logged on. So . . . who knows?

Chris, I know this isn't quite on topic, what's your time line for joining us on this side of "the pond?"

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all of your feedback! We will be working on more fixes in the future and so this isn't the end product for Gone Raw! However, we've taken a bit off time off developing the site as we're busily preparing for a new addition to the family and the time is quickly approaching.

I understand that I haven't addressed specifics as we are still looking at what we should be changing/adding in. I've especially noted the desire to have the top 5 recipes showing on the home page. For now, you can go to the recipes page and sort by any of the columns (including rating).

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes

We hope you are all enjoying the recipes and look forward to another year of moving forward with the site!

Cheers,

Kandace