Natural allergy help

blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I have been in the process of some major cleaning and decluttering and gave myself an allergy attack this morning, it was only slightly annoying having such a runny nose but then it started hitting lungs and when I looked in the mirror my whole face was red and swollen. Yes I stopped the cleaning and am out of that room but trying to come up with best way to bring the allergy attack back down(nose is better, lungs not sure yet because I feel OK but can tell I"m breathing shallow like I used to when I had asthma). My allergies have been so much better the last year I no longer have any allergy medication at home.

I would prefer a more natural way of helping my body get over this attack, I can feel it slowly getting better(which proves my body is better than it was years ago) but about to make some tea or a hot drink and wondering what natural sources are good for allergies. Specifically for dust and mold spores(which I think is what triggered this since I was going through items from old job where I was sick from black mold in my room).

I am going to buy a face mask from home store before I clean any more in there, but looking for natural antihistamines to help me now.

Comments

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

I had a quick Google and vit C and green tea came up alot if this helps?

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

Already on top of the Vit C, but thanks :) Green tea is OK, but outside some flowering teas I don't have any in the house(not crazy on the taste). I did just make a pot of tea using nettles, ginger, 2 cloves, fresh lemon juice and popped a handful of bee pollen (I'm not vegan). Took my contacts out so my eyes are better and hoping tea helps. It is finally warm in Ct today and I'm going out for a walk soon so I'm hoping that helps as well.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

lots of water. I usually take about a 1/4 tsp salt and at least 2 glasses of water and then sit out in the fresh air for a while that helps calm me down but then I cannot go back into the room that I was cleaning until the dust settles down.

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Cayenne pepper in water works wonders for me. Make it as strong as you can stand--but not on an empty stomach, or it will hurt (but not cause real harm). Personally I find green tea (or anything with caffeine) makes my allergies worse, but ymmv.