Need Almond Flour Recipes

I just finished making two quarts of almond milk and would like to do something with the pulp/almond flour. I know it doesn't keep but two days in the frig. Wondered if I could freeze it until I come up with enough to do a big cookie recipe.

I have small amounts of almond flour maybe 1 1/2 to 2 cups. One cup of which has carob powder in it because I added it while blending the almonds in water instead of after straining the milk from the pulp. I am still learning...

Can someone give me some ideas?

Please and Thank you,

Louise

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I've not done this myself (don't have a juicer), but I believe others have dehydrated the pulp and then processed it to a flour, which has some shelf life.

Does anyone with actual experience have some advice to share here?

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

If you have some coconut butter and agave, mix the pulp with both and make pie bases which you can freeze until you need and fill with your favourite fruit filling. I put cling film in the bottom of my pie case before I put the 'pastry' in so it comes out easily when you need it. Eat it cold or almost frozen or it will just fall apart when the coconut butter melts.

Sorry, but I have not tried making flour, but I'm sure emptdmom is right.

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

I spread almond pulp on a paraflex sheet in the dehydrator then give it a spin in the blender to process it into flour, which I use for crackers, pizza crust, etc. I keep the flour in a plastic bag in the freezer.

The damp pulp isn't that useful to me since I don't make a lot of sweets, but if you search for the tag almond pulp I think you will find some uses.