Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

any salad ideas?

i'm looking for new ways to make my raw salads.

any ideas?

Comments

• I love the cherry avocado salad on this site.

http://goneraw.com/recipe/cherry-avocado-salad

• super thanx

• I second that salad- it's very good (the avocado and cherry one)! Another suggestion, but not a recipe: Try a new veggie, fruit, or leafy green every so often. It really makes a difference! I was raised on iceburge lettuce and had no idea of all the different greens out there. And try unusual combinations too. Get creative.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I really like this curried kale salad: http://goneraw.com/node/10893.

I'd never eaten kale before I tried this and I was very impressed and the combination work so well.

In fact I think I'm going to have to make this salad for lunch this week. :-)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

My favorite winter salad: Romaine lettuce, orange segments, grapefruit segments, and chopped pistachio nuts. So pretty and so delicious. :)

Swayze

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

I love cole slaws too - shredded cabbage, spiralized carrots, diced tomato, cucumber, and whatever, sprouts, sesame or sunflower seeds in a dressing of nama shoyu, ACV and agave syrup.

• I just had kale for the first time over the weekend and loved it! Usually I like romaine hearts, spinach, tomatoes, and sometimes fruits in my salad. Since pomegranate is in season those are great for salads too. I actually work with Safeway and we have this Pomegranate-Orange Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts, which sounds delicious if you guys are interested in trying it out.

Pomegranate-Orange Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts

* 3/4 cup (about 4 oz.) hazelnuts

* 2 oranges (1 to 11/4 lbs. total)

* 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice

* 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar

* 1 1/2 teaspoons clover honey

* 1/2 teaspoon Safeway SELECT

• I love to have a simple base for a salad and add different combinations of fresh herbs.

A mixture of greens, lots of herbs, lemon juice, cold pressed olive oil, avocado, perhaps a few almonds... that's my perfect salad.