Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

HI, I'm back to raw after a 4-year hiatus.

Hello all. I am new here, but not new to raw. I went 100% raw 4 years ago and looked great, felt great, life was awesome. Then we could no longer afford raw foods due to my husbands job situation, so I slowly gained back all the weight I lost and then some. I became very unhealthy, had bad acne, dry skin, headaches all the time and more. So I made the decision (since we can afford it now) to go back to raw. I've only been eating raw for 4 days, and I think I'm starting to detox or something because the headaches are HORRIBLE. But I am doing this for my health. I want to lose the weight I gained (currently at 186lbs) and get back down to 118lbs/size 4 where I know I am healthy & happy(I am 5'3".) So I'll be scouring this site for recipes, tips & encouragement as I begin my journey. I am SO motivated & excited and happy to be here. :)

Comments

• hi! i'm 5' and holding onto too much pregnancy weight - i just read that your optimum weight is about what you were when you were 18 (for women) which means i should get back to around 118 myself. i'm currently 149 on good days and get tons of headaches and have various skin issues. my detox issues are migraines and exhaustion. so, anyway, i identify with your post :)

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

poleidopy, it's great you want to start living like this again!! i hope you meet your goals. i have some extra lbs. i'd like to get rid of as well- mainly just to lower my body fat percentage. just remember it doesn't have to be difficult eating this way. we just make it difficult on ourselves.

• Good luck and I hope you meet your goals. May I make a recommendation? Just remember to not focus so much on the weight, it should be about how you look and feel and you will lose what your body thinks it needs to lose...it might not be as much as you think and that is ok because you are going to feel amazing. This way of life can be misleading if you don't pay attention to how you look and feel. A few friends that were so focused on losing weight and counting calories that they weren't nourishing their bodies enough. Their hair started to fall out and they started to get a lot of cavitities and bleeding gums and this all happened with eating raw. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress! :-) Remember to listen to your body!

• I would love to share my raw and cooked recipes...all vegan and delicious!

www.itveganatgenesis.blogspot.com

• thank you. :)

• Congratulations on finding your way back!! We have some things in common... ive fallen off the raw wagon a little bit. i was 100% for a whole year now the lack of convenience and cost of this lifestyle is starting to get to me. I wonder if its just a phase i'm going through? by falling off the wagon i mean that im obsessed with vegan spelt crust pizza. i've gotten it twice this month which lasts me 3 or 4 days. so basically im not eating a raw dinner. i know i shouldn't beat myself up about it but i sort of feel like a cheater or failure and i really really want to gain weight or have digestion problems. Does anyone have any shared experience or advice?