Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Just a really embarrasing question for the vets :-) hahaha, thanks guys!

Would going 100% all at once cause detox? Because I have been....umm...having...gastrointestinal distress..... if you know what I mean, and it is not exactly comfortable. Ideas? Is there anything I can do to help? I have had to stay home from school because I am going to the bathroom every half hour or so.

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

When I first wen raw I also had to stay home for a day because I was going #2 A LOT! It's normal if your body is not used to eating that much fruit & vegetables. It might take a few weeks to get used to eat and then you will develop a more "normal" bathroom routine.

• Been there, and I'm no veteran! It's detox alright. Your bowels are your body's primary route for getting rid of bad stuff so just wait it out, keep on track.

• IsisDCIsisDC Raw Newbie

Try some mint tea in the mean time, but your system will adjust it just takes time.

Just think of everything leaving your body as the bad stuff going away.

I am MCing right now but I have a nice long winter break.

• I am so glad you posted this. I have been going through the same thing and now I know it is normal.

• Maybe it would be helpful to incorporate more solids into your diet... this can be heartier vegetables and more nuts, or you may even want to add small amounts of cooked foods- good ones, like quinoa to your diet. Anyway, i think it will pass, good luck!