Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cookbooks

Hi everyone.

I am in the process of ordering cookbooks.

Was checking for a sticky thread with previous suggestions with little luck, so maybe some of you have a link to previous threads with excellent raw cook books for beginners?

Thank you!!!!

Comments

• Hey there!

Im also pretty new to raw and have ordered most of my books off Amazon.

The Complete books of Raw Food by Julie Rodwell

Raw: The Uncook Book by Juliano and Erika Lenkert

Raw Magic by Kate Magic Wood

Rawvolution by Matt Amsden

All of these books have "do-able" recipes, contain clear instructions, information on ingredients, equipment, and the basics of raw food and have good quality pictures of all (or most) of the recipes.

Good luck!

• Fresh by the Boutenkos

and anything by Ani Phyo would be my first choice.

• I second the Raw Uncookbook the first section has all the tools that you need and goes over basic foods. Some of the recipes can be difficult/call for a lot of ingredients but if you don't have them you either substitute them of you find out that over time you just start accumulating more of these things in your kitchen. But for the most part it's good starter book. Ani Phyo is good too because she focuses more on making a meal out of just a few ingredients that are more readily available, you can check out her youtube channel too. She make a chocolate rasberry ganach cake with about 4 different ingredients I tried it out one day and it was freaking awesome.

Also this site is really good for recipes and so is youtube so I wouldn't go overboard on buying too many books since there are alot of good online resources. I like watching youtube video's because you can watch someone technique on how to do something instead of reading it in a book and wondering if you're doing it correctly.

• Has anyone tried

Kristins raw cook books

or

Raw dog rorys cb's?

EDIT: I just saw that kristin is here. HI! I first saw you in your review of the hurom :) then watched a few more videos and went to your blog. Then I wanted your recipes!! I'm just torn on which to get. I know I want entrees.

• Everyday Raw, by Matthew Kenney is a good starter

• RAW by Charlie Trotter & Roxanne Klein

Raw Food Real World by Sarma Melngailis & Matthew Kenney

Living Raw Food by Sarma Melngailis

Everyday Raw by Matthew Kenney

Entertaining in the Raw by Matthew Kenney

Ani's Raw Food Kitchen by Ani Phyo

Ani's Raw Food Desserts by Ani Phyo

I have 2 of Kristen's books, and I love them. The recipes are wonderful and simple :)

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

sannejk, how's ani's dessert book? i have her regular cookbook and i love it.

• joannabanana, it's wonderful. It's the same simple style as the regular one.

And so cute and beautiful :)

• Thank you everyone- this is really helpful.going to amazon now to fill the order :)