Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Ch-ch-ch chia seeds.

Just bought a big ole bag of chia seeds. Can they be used similarly in recipes to flax seeds? Truly, i would just love for you all to throw all the ideas you have on how to use them in recipes. Really, I am gravitated toward the most easy, simple, minimalistic recipes. For instance, in a book I read to throw in a cup of seeds, some gojis, mulberries, maca, and agave together with warm water to make a porridge. It was AWESOME, and I am hoping for similar small miracles. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• veghealthcoachveghealthcoach Raw Newbie

Yes, they can be used the same as flax seeds, though seeds in general are best assimilated when ground up.

• They gel up when you add water to them so you can make some jello type stuff with them, I need to do some experimenting because I just got some too.

• Similar to what you already tried, blend together some bananas, cocoa, agave, nut milk, whatever you have to make a sweet, creamy liquid, and let some chia seeds soak in that for more of a pudding-style treat. The less liquid, the thicker.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I LOVE chia seeds. I mix them with veg pulp, ground pumpkin seeds and buckwheaties tomake crackers. I also mix up a huge jar with chia, raw oats, buckwheaties, raisins, and cinnamon and i have my own instant oatmeal. I eat it everyday.

• Where can I find Chia Seeds locally? I live between Corvallis and Eugene, Oregon.

• hey, you might want to take a look at this site... there are some simple ways to incorporate chis into your diet, and also 10 recipes with more prep involved, hopefully you can find one that you like. enjoy!

http://www.rawreform.com/content/view/345/127/

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Check out this site for some great ideas: http://foodsforlonglife.blogspot.com/search/label/CHIA SEEDS

I tried the Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding with Hemp Milk and Blueberries and it was lovely.

• I make fruit Jelly out of mine. I make the gel first then grind up fruit in a food processor until it is creamy. I mix the fruit with the gel. I use cherries and grapes. Then I use it as a spread on raw cookies that I make out of buckwheat. It makes a cool "frosting" and I like the colors.

• Check out www.loveveggiesandyoga.com....she has lots of chia recipies. I like her chocolate chia pudding and it's really easy to make!