4 cups raw nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc. in any combination)
2 cups raisins, figs, or dates (soaked if hard)
Sprinkle of salt
Vanilla, cinnamon, or other flavoring
2 cups sliced soft fruit for the filling (I found the best combination to be bananas and prunes)
1. Grind the nuts dry to an even powder in a food processor. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
2. Process the dried fruits, optional sweetener, salt, and flavoring until softened. Add very little water if need be.
3. Mix by hand with the ground nuts.
4. When dough holds together, divide in half. Pat first half onto cake plate and mold into a pleasing shape for the first layer. Cover the layer with fruit slices and pat down gently.
5. Mold the rest of the dough on top of it.
6. Ice with Amazing Avocado Icing (you can find it in my profile).
Carlamartins's ThoughtsBy carlamartins
I got this recipe from one of my books. It’s very simple and amazing!
I made the dough with raisins and cinnamon, and used bananas and soaked prunes for the filling. It is also very good when frozen.
I liked with the icing, but I don’t thinks it’s really necessary.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.