Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 cup dates (pitted)
2 cups pumpkin seeds
4 cups dried apples (soaked for 10 minutes)
1 fresh apple (optional)
1 tablespoon fresh ginger or more if you like (chopped or juiced)
Dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon, or a spice of your own taste
1 cup raisins (mixed in by hand)
Dash of sea salt
1. Soak dried apples first. They will be good to go, once the crust has been processed and pressed.
2. Chop pumpkin seeds in the food processor until desired texture. Then add pitted dates, two at a time, until the mixture comes together. You might not need to use all of the dates. Also, walnuts can be used here, but I like to make stuff nut free sometimes.
3. I used silicon muffin cups, and pressed about 3 tablespoons of the crust into the bottoms of the muffin cups.
4. Drain water from dried apples. Chop in food processor. Add in new water or a fresh apple until this mixture forms a sticky, yet textured ‘dough.’ Transfer to a bowl.
5. Add in raisins and spices. I never measure (anything lol) but add in as much spice as you like.
6. Mix by hand, and then press on top of the crust.
SweetBeet's ThoughtsBy SweetBeet
I made this for my beautiful friend Johnny!
As a garnish, I sometimes chop/dice fresh apples and walnuts and sprinkle on top. Or blend soaked dates into a caramel, and drizzle on top. This is how I made the writing on the plate.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
2 weeks in and I'm documenting it all via video!williamv - 1 day 41 min ago
To buy gadgets or not to buy gadgets?ClaireT - 1 day 1 hour ago
Glowing skin...what is your winning formula?wildebeest - 1 day 9 hours ago
Happy to be here!ClaireT - 3 days 1 hour ago
Rawtarian appsClaireT - 6 days 2 hours ago