Rating4/5 (from 4 ratings)4
2½ cups walnuts
1¼ cups pecans (soaked and dehydrated (see below))
4 Medjool dates
1 cup coconut (dried, shredded)
2 teaspoons cacao powder
2 teaspoons Phenomenol 7 powder, (optional; an acai and antioxidant fruit supplement)
1/3 cup honey
1¼ cups goji berries (dried)
¾ cup melted coconut butter (not oil; not over 105 F (see below))
Bit of water
1. Soak the walnuts and pecans about 4 hours, drain, rinse, and then draw off excess moisture with a towel.
2. Dry in dehydrator at 105 F for about 2 hours (give or take) until dry.
3. In a food processor, combine walnuts, dates, cacao, and Phenomenol powder and blend while adding little bits of water and scraping sides until you have a consistency of cookie dough.
4. Transfer food processed mixture to a big bowl.
5. Next, roughly chop the pecans in food processor by pulsing until you have little chunks (these are key to the cookie for crunch!). Add to bowl.
6. Knead pecans pieces, coconut shreds, goji berries, and honey (you can use agave but we haven’t tried it that way.) into dough.
7. Heat up a pot of water on medium heat and hold a glass measuring cup or glass jar with coconut butter in the hot water. Stir the coconut butter constantly and monitor the temperature with a thermometer till there are no more chunks and the butter looks like a thick icing.
8. Add the melted butter to the bowl of dough.
9. Knead in until everything is saturated with the butter (several minutes--this will keep the shape of the cookies after cooled).
10. Form cookies. Put cookies between sheets of wax paper and refrigerate till firm (maybe 2 hours?).
Sid23's ThoughtsBy sid23
Amazing! That’s a brief description of my boyfriend’s cookies.
These are in the top 3 cookies I have had in my entire life (SAD included) and have all kinds of fabulous, nutritious ingredients too! No lard, flour, or Crisco in these bad-boys!
The goji berries have a texture like little bits of toffee! They are chewy and crunchy at the same time.
These aren’t totally exact measurements; Alex made these twice, so it’s really close. He will make more in a week or two and will check the measurements then.
If there are any differences, I will update the recipe and post that it changed in the food prep forum.
Just try them. You will be rocked. Eat and have your mind blown.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 2 days 14 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 5 days 7 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 5 days 16 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 5 days 16 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 5 days 16 hours ago