¾ cup coconut water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic (peeled)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup raw pine nuts (optional to soak)
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup young coconut meat
1 teaspoon raw honey (2 teaspoons if you want it sweeter)
Pinch of allspice
Pinch of pepper
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1 red bell pepper
1 cup peas (warmed in warm water)
Parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Put all the ingredients (except the zucchini and parsley) in a blender and blend until very smooth. If using a Vitamix, this also warms the sauce and it’s ready to serve over noodles.
2. Otherwise, slightly warm in pan or dehydrator before serving.
3. Make zucchini noodles by using a vegetable spiral slicer, mandoline, or creative knife work.
4. Put noodles on plates, mix with sauce, and top with bell peppers and peas or mix all ingredients together.
5. Serve slightly warmed and garnish with parsley.
This meal is rich, creamy, and when served slightly warm, is really satisfying!
It’s an excellent transitional recipe for those new to raw foods.
Suggested alterations: Substitute water for coconut water; substitute agave for honey; okay to omit yeast.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!