Yield20 stuffed dates
¼ cup raw almond butter (sprouted)
2 dashes of sea salt
Seeds from half a vanilla bean
1. Refrigerate the dates overnight or several hours before making this. You can skip this but it definitely improves the taste.
2. Open the dates up and “unroll” them so it is opened flat, discarding the pits.
3. Mix the almond butter with the salt and vanilla seeds, if using, and put a small teaspoon of the salted almond butter on the flattened date and roll the date back up tightly.
4. Repeat with the remaining dates.
5. Store in the refrigerator.
RawKidChef's ThoughtsBy RawKidChef
These treats would remind anyone of honey roasted peanut butter. When you refrigerate dates, part of the outside hardens into a crunchy crystal that mimics that candy flavor, and the salt gives it a honey roasted peanut.
It’s also really important that you use almond butter made from soaked (the equivalent of sprouted) almonds, dehydrated and ground into a crumbly, flour-like butter.
You can home-make the almond butter or you can buy it from a few specialty brands. Just be sure not to add any oil, as this will make them heavy.
The specialness of these is that they are light. If you can find more exotic dates such as Halawi or honey dates, use those instead. They are softer and, when labeled raw, are much more delicate than Medjools.
Feel free to use figs instead of dates, as I find myself eating them with figs just as often as dates! The crunchy seeds and jelly give it a peanut butter and jelly taste.
A serving is about 3 stuffed dates.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Detox Rash?????Harmony1 - 14 hours 9 min ago
Can broccoli be eaten raw?ClaireT - 1 day 13 hours ago
Coconut Goddess' raw vegan diet plan for fat loss and healthClaireT - 1 day 13 hours ago
Do chia seeds need soaking?TammiTrue - 6 days 14 hours ago
Activated Living Hemp FoodsTammiTrue - 6 days 14 hours ago