1 bunch of bananas
1 cup almonds (soaked)
1 cup dates (diced)
1 cup raw rolled oats
1. Soak the almonds a day before. Rinse and roughly chop them.
2. Finely dice dates to little pieces and set aside.
3. Put everything except the dates in a bowl into a stick blender or potato masher. Blend until it is as rough or smooth as you prefer.
4. Dump the mixture onto a sheet of parchment paper or a fruit leather tray liner from a dehydrator. Wet hands and spread the mix around.
5. Place the date chunks evenly on top of the mix, so that they are lightly embedded in it. Spread mixture should be at least 1/4 inch thick.
6. Once the first side is leathery enough to peel off the paper or liner, flip and slice it into your preferred shapes using a pizza cutter.
7. Continue to dehydrate until a piece snaps when you bite it.
Gorawonabudget's ThoughtsBy Gorawonabudget
Banana lovers will dream of this sweet, crispy treat. All the characteristics of a classic dessert/candy but with all the nutrition of a raw snack.
Dates, oats, and almonds complement the sweet flavor of bananas.
Great as a workout recovery snack or as a dessert.
Store these types of foods with a tiny container of desiccant like the kind you find in your herb/vitamin bottles to absorb moisture to maintain crispness.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Leg Crampslouiser - 1 hour 45 min ago
How do you not get bored of just raw fruit and veg 24-7?????jeddoveyl - 1 day 1 hour ago
Natural Hair ColorClaireT - 1 day 14 hours ago
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 6 days 6 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 1 week 1 day ago