Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup banana flour
4 tablespoons carob powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 large ripe banana
4 tablespoons agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Mix the first five ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Place the banana, agave, and vanilla in your blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add wet ingredients to the bowl and mix it all together with a large spoon. This should give a very stiff batter.
4. Spoon out a heaping tablespoon for each cookie onto non-stick dehydrator sheets (flattening each cookie a little with dampened hands).
5. Dry overnight at 104 F.
6. The next day, move the cookies directly onto dehydrator screens and dry another 8 hours, or until desired firmness. These keep well in the fridge, where they will firm up a little bit more.
Territa's ThoughtsBy Territa
Chewy sweet carob cookie with more than a hint of banana flavor.
For the banana flour:
Blend as many ripe bananas as your blender will handle until completely smooth. Pour onto non-stick dehydrator sheets and dry overnight.
The next morning, remove from sheets, flip over, and dry another 8-12 hours or until very stiff. Break into large piece and store in the fridge until ready for use.
When you're ready, break this crispy banana fruit leather into pieces which fit into a dry, high speed blender and blend until you have a powder.
Voila! Banana flour!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
jackfruitClaireT - 2 days 12 hours ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 5 days 15 hours ago
4th day as a Vegan:)ClaireT - 6 days 14 hours ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 6 days 14 hours ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 6 days 19 hours ago