Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
1 cup almonds (soaked, dried)
1 cup cashews (soaked, dried)
6 Medjool dates
½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
½ cup cashews (soaked)
2 teaspoons vanilla or half raw vanilla bean
2 Medjool dates
Fruit or berries of your choice
Water (as needed)
1. Soak almonds for 8 hours and dry (I don’t have a dehydrator so I just lay them flat on a paper towel for a day to dry).
2. Soak cashews for 2 hours and dry.
3. Grind nuts in a food processor until a course flour is created. Take out 1/4 cup of nut meal to use later.
4. Add dates and salt (optional) and process until “dough” begins to form a ball. Add water as needed to create a sticky dough.
5. “Flour” your pan with the left over cashew/almond meal and press your “dough” into the pan. You can keep it simple or create fancy edging on your tart. It will taste great, regardless.
6. Blend wet cashews with the banana, remaining two dates, and vanilla. Add water as needed to make a nice smooth cream.
7. Spoon into tart shell and smooth with a spatula.
8. Slice your berries or fruit and lay on top to make a nice design, or you could just dump them on.
9. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Sarabethxvx's ThoughtsBy sarabethxvx
Sweet and creamy fruit tart.
Easy for a new chef!
You will need a pie pan, baking dish, or tart pan.
If you wanted to simplify, you could use just almonds or cashews in this recipe.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone tried the bentonite Detox ?ClaireT - 18 hours 59 min ago
Change in eye colourClaireT - 3 days 19 hours ago
Enzymes killed in the stomach?SunSpirit - 4 days 17 hours ago
Coconut Sweetener...Any Thoughts?Pancake Organics - 5 days 6 hours ago
Armpits still stink months after detox?Rin - 6 days 1 hour ago