8 cups veggie pulp (carrot, beet, zucchini, tomatoes, etc.)
1 cup veggie juice (or more to moisten)
2 cups ground flax seed
1 cup raisins (soaked 4 hours)
1 tablespoon sea salt
1. Save your pulp from juicing until you have 8 cups. Do not use celery pulp (too stringy).
2. Blend together soaked raisins, veg juice and sea salt until smooth. Add this and ground flax seed to your veg pulp now and knead mixture well with hands.
3. Let sit in bowl covered with a tea towel for 2 days. It will rise slightly. After 2 days ,spread the mixture on a teflex sheet no more than 1/2 inch thick.
4. Score into bread size pieces. Dehydrate 105 for 6 hours, then flip and dehydrate bottom side for another 6 hours. To do this, simply place empty tray on top of bread and turn the whole thing over. This bread should be pliable and feel like bread.
5. Separate pieces and wrap in cellophane. When stored in fridge, it will last ages.
Laurajean's ThoughtsBy laurajean
Fabulous simple bread recipe! Inspired from a recipe in "The Raw Transformation" by Wendy Rudell.
I used only 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt and it was enough. It’s so filling, and you can top with anything (avocado, tomato, lettuce, onion, etc, or your fav dip or pate! And soo guilt-free!!
Wendy Rudell also mentions to be creative by adding your own spices, so I would love to hear other ideas for this recipe!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
4th day as a Vegan:)Harmony1 - 23 hours 48 min ago
jackfruitClaireT - 4 days 22 hours ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 1 week 1 day ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 1 week 2 days ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 1 week 2 days ago