8 cups veggie pulp (carrot, beet, zucchini, tomatoes, etc.)
1 cup veggie juice
2 cups ground flax seed
1 cup raisins (soaked 4 hours)
1 tablespoon sea salt
1. Save your pulp from juicing until you have 8 cups. Do not use celery pulp (too stringy).
2. Blend together soaked raisins, veg juice, and sea salt until smooth. Add this and ground flax seed to your vegetable pulp now and knead mixture well with hands.
3. Let sit in a bowl covered with a tea towel for 2 days. It will rise slightly. After 2 days ,spread the mixture on a Teflex sheet no more than 1/2 an inch thick.
4. Score into bread size pieces. Dehydrate at 105 Fahrenheit for 6 hours, then flip and dehydrate the bottom side for another 6 hours. To do this, simply place empty tray on top of bread and turn the whole thing over. This bread should be pliable and feel like bread.
5. Separate pieces and wrap in cellophane. When stored in the fridge, it will last ages.
Laurajean's ThoughtsBy laurajean
Fabulous simple bread recipe! Inspired from a recipe in "The Raw Transformation" by Wendy Rudell.
It’s so filling, and you can top with anything (avocado, tomato, lettuce, onion, etc, or your favorite dip or pate! And soo guilt-free!!
Wendy Rudell also mentions to be creative by adding your own spices, so I would love to hear other ideas for this recipe!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What would actually happen if everyone went vegan?ClaireT - 1 day 11 hours ago
Which one is better?EeEss - 6 days 2 hours ago
Im having some problems...how do I do this?ClaireT - 6 days 16 hours ago
Oh No, my hair is breaking offEeEss - 1 week 3 days ago
mascaraEeEss - 1 week 3 days ago