3 cups raw cashews (soaked for 2 days)
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Juice of 3 small lemons
1 bushel of basil
1 teaspoon garlic
1. Get your cashews. Soak them in water for 2 days. After the 1st day of soaking, switch the water out for new water.
2. Now that your cashews have their nice clean water, let them soak for their 2nd day.
3. Is it day 2 yet? Yay! Ok, on the 2nd day, drain the water from the soaked cashews. Place the cashews in your food processor (a blender will work too). Blend blend blend!
4. Add the nutritional yeast and the lemon juice to help the mixture turn in the processor. Add in the garlic and salt. Then add the basil.
5. Keep blending until its nice and smooh.
A true cheesy delight. Reminiscent of traditional pesto :)
And there you have it! “Cheese” that tastes like pesto!
I used purple basil, that’s why mine looks like it has dark specks in it.
This was my first attempt at cheese.
A raw friend of mine told me how to make it, but she told me it would be really delish with nutritional yeast. It IS yummy, but I can’t help it…nutritional yeast isn’t raw.
I want to give this another go just by using lemon juice next time.
Enjoy! It’s seriously amazing. Everyone’s going to love it!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!