Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
Yield1 massive Lady Le Harle sized smoothie
1 bag spinach
Fresh ginger root (as much as you can handle)
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon honey or agave
1 white skinned peach (or any sweet fruit you have on hand)
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
Juice of 1 lemon
Sprinkle of apricots (dried)
Water (enough to help the blender do its job)
1. Put the spinach, water, banana, sweet fruit, lemon juice, honey, fresh basil, and apricots in the blender and give them a good whiz.
2. Slice your desired amount of ginger root (nice and thin) and add them to the mix.
3. Blend again. By now, it will taste fresh and zingy and pretty much ready to go.
4. Pour 2/3 of this smoothie mixture into a large vessel--I use a big jar.
5. Add the cacao powder to the remaining smoothie in blender and blend for a few seconds.
6. Swirl this on top of the smoothie mixture.
Lady Le Harle's ThoughtsBy Lady Le Harle
I have just discovered adding fresh herbs to my morning smoothie (thyme and rosemary are also lovely in green smoothies).
The chocolate and basil flavors melt perfectly with fresh spinach and ginger.
This will pick you up out of a morning fog and hopefully have you feeling lovely all day!
Use apricots without sulfur preservative. Hint: They are not bright orange, but more brown and caramelized.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Need to lose weightcxalbatross - 1 day 11 hours ago
Has anyone tried the watermelon island? What are the results?coconutty - 1 day 22 hours ago
Body Odor - Detox?akshayv - 2 days 19 hours ago
Raw Organic Green Powdersdrcowan039sg - 3 days 13 hours ago
Yogic Melon Detoxlynnak - 3 days 20 hours ago