Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
YieldAbout 2.5 quarts
3 cups coconut meat (about 3 coconuts)
1½ cups cashews (soaked)
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 vanilla bean
½ cup agave nectar
½ cup maple syrup or chopped soaked dates
1 cup coconut water or water
1 cup nut milk (depends on the creaminess you want)
½ cup cacao or cocoa powder
1 bag black cherries (frozen)
2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa butter (melted)
1. Combine everything into a blender, except the cacao butter. It's a lot so you may have to do it in two batches.
2. Blend until creamy.
3. With blender running, gradually add melted cocoa butter.
4. If the mixture is thicker than a milk shake, add more nut milk. If it is too runny, add cashews or coconut meat. Add more sweetener if necessary.
5. Add mixture to an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Or freeze mixture for 4-5 hours and run through the food processor when ready to serve.
7. Add your favorite topping (I added bananas and hemp seeds).
Sabriya's ThoughtsBy sabriya
I give you one word for this ice cream--decadent.
It is a bit pricey to make, so do it as a treat for yourself or someone you want to pamper!
It has a black forest kind of taste.
It doesn’t taste like raw ice cream; it tastes like ice cream! Just without the guilt or tummy aches if you eat too much!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.