YieldAt least 70 cookies
2 cups almonds (soaked, drained, ground)
2 cups pitted dates (soaked 20 minutes)
4 cups blueberry puree (frozen are okay)
1 cup soaked dates or 1/2 cup agave
3 tablespoons psyllium husks
2 cups pecans (soaked 1-2 hours)
¼ cup agave or honey
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ lemon (juiced)
1/3 cup agave nectar
1. Combine the soaked almonds and 2 cups soaked dates in food processor. Pulse until combined into dough. Set aside.
2. Also prepare the blueberry puree in the food processor.
3. Throw puree in with the almond mixture. Add your lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and more agave to taste, if needed.
4. Prepare the pecan crumble by pulsing the soaked pecans with the agave. Throw this into the bowl as well.
5. Roll into balls and dehydrate at 115 Fahrenheit to desired crispness at least 8-10 hours or faster if you transfer them to screens when they are not so gooey.
6. For breakfast bars, just press the whole recipe with wet hands into a 9 by 13 Pyrex pan. I’d still dehydrate them so they get a little crispy.
Lzhpt's ThoughtsBy lzhpt
I created these from a flopped Blueberry Dream Bar recipe in which I thought they’d be just as good if I didn’t have the raw dried coconut.
Wrong! They had no flavor at all.
So after 3 servings, I threw the whole thing into a bowl with some lemon, cinnamon, nutmeg and agave, rolled them, and dehydrated them.
They were much better than my beloved Blueberry Dream Bars (originally from Wendy Rudell’s Raw Transformation).
So don’t toss out your mistakes! Learn from them, add to them, and create anew!
Next time when I’m not fixing the recipe, I’ll make all the nuts, dates, lemon, cinnamon, and nutmeg mixture first, roll into balls, and make a thumbprint.
Then I’d add the blueberry puree mixture into the thumbprint.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 17 hours 34 min ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?roseb1959 - 2 days 11 hours ago
opinions about coconut waterEmmac01 - 3 days 17 hours ago
Helloooo Raw Christians....Fellowshipofthemartyrs - 3 days 22 hours ago
ORANGE HANDS!emilytiddlywink - 4 days 16 hours ago