12 mini sweet bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
1 head broccoli (cut into long florets)
1 carrot (sliced with wavy knife if desired)
1 yellow squash (1/4" slices)
1 zucchini squash (1/4" slice for flowers or very thin for centers)
Several leaves of red cabbage
1. Cut flower shape from yellow squash. Add carrot center.
2. For tulips use, mini sweet peppers, cut zig-zag shape, remove any seeds, and fill with shreds of purple cabbage. Leave some small peppers whole like buds. Use cut part as small flower.
3. Cut root off scallion. Make several lengthwise cuts in that end about one inch long. Place in ice water to “bloom”.
4. Cut flowers of purple cabbage with centers of carrot and squash.
5. Arrange in pretty cup, container, or plant some in wheat grass. Of course you can use any veggie combo. The classic radish rose would look good. I kept this simple.
6. Use broccoli florets to fill in. Serve with a favorite dip.
I put all flowers on skewers covered with floral tape just up to the flower part.
I built up a few layers of tape under the flower to prevent sliding,but you can use a slice of carrot to prevent this.
I plan on experimenting with skewers dyed with green juice when I have time.
If making for children, you may want to use lollipop sticks or drink stirrers, in place of skewers.
note:all cutters were from wilton and can be found in the cake decorating department of craft or large department stores. They are fondant cutters, sold in sets of 3 sizes.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!