YieldMakes about 20 medium-sized bliss balls.
2 cup Brazil nuts, unsoaked
2 cup dried coconut
¼ teaspoon Himalayan Crystal Salt
4 tablespoon cacao powder, heaping
1 vanilla bean, seeds and skin
5 tablespoon agave (to taste)
½ cup cacao nibs
1. Add the first 4 ingredients to a food processor.
2. Slice open the vanilla bean lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Julienne the vanilla bean skin, and then mince. Add to the food processor, distributing evenly. Alternatively, you can just use 1t of vanilla extract.
3. Process until fine. Then add agave and process an additional 40-60 seconds. You might need to stop the food processor once or twice to scrape down the mixture.
4. Add cacao nibs, and process an additional 40-60 seconds. You might need to stop the food processor once or twice to scrape down the mixture. It is a good idea to not overprocess, for this will add a nice cacao nib texture.
5. Remove mixture from the food processor, and form into balls. Eat right away, or refrigerate to firm up.
Achin70's ThoughtsBy achin70
This recipe is slightly adapted from a crust recipe for a Blackforest Chocolate Cheesecake on gliving.tv. It went over really well at a Thanksgiving potluck last year!
Here is the link: http://gliving.tv/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=307
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
i need serious help!bobsm - 10 hours 15 min ago
Anyone going through menopause and raw?bobsm - 10 hours 34 min ago
Water from older coconutsClaireT - 15 hours 4 min ago
I was wondering if anyone here makes sauerkraut?Romey - 1 day 1 hour ago
Do chia seeds need soaking?musiclvr56 - 1 day 12 hours ago