Yield20 medium-sized bliss balls
2 cups Brazil nuts (unsoaked)
2 cups dried coconut
¼ teaspoon sea salt
4 tablespoons cacao powder
1 vanilla bean (seeds and skin) or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 tablespoons agave (to taste)
½ cup cacao nibs
1. Add the first 4 ingredients to a food processor.
2. Slice open the vanilla bean lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Julienne the vanilla bean skin, and then mince. Add to the food processor, distributing evenly.
3. Process until fine. Then add agave and process an additional 40-60 seconds. You might need to stop the food processor once or twice to scrape down the mixture.
4. Add cacao nibs and process an additional 40-60 seconds. You might need to stop the food processor once or twice to scrape down the mixture. It is a good idea to not overprocess, for this will add a nice cacao nib texture.
5. Remove mixture from the food processor and form into balls. Eat right away or refrigerate to firm up.
Achin70's ThoughtsBy achin70
This recipe is adapted from a crust recipe for a Blackforest Chocolate Cheesecake on gliving.tv.
My recipe went over really well at a Thanksgiving potluck last year!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 1 day 11 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 4 days 4 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 4 days 13 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 4 days 13 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 4 days 13 hours ago