Rating4/5 (from 4 ratings)4
Yield2-3 cups of base chocolate mixture to use on its own, or to add mix instead
1 cup cacao butter (melted)
1 cup maple sugar granules (ground to fine powder)
¾ cup cacao powder
1. Grind the maple sugar to a fine powder and set aside.
2. Melt cacao butter in dehydrator until liquefied.
3. Add cacao powder, powdered maple sugar and stir until completely combined.
4. When I made this, after incorporating the base ingredients, I split the mixture into two bowls: to one I added 3/4 to 1 cup coarsely ground soaked dehydrated almonds, and to the other half I added 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract.
5. Mix ingredients quickly as cacao butter hardens fast. If you find it too stiff to comfortably work with, place mixture back into dehydrator to let it soften again.
6. Pour into candy molds, onto a lined cookie sheet, or onto any other flat surface and smooth to desired thickness. I used the lids of a few of my Lock `n Lock containers to spread the mixture into. They were the perfect depth for me.
7. Cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap and freeze until firm. Enjoy!
It can also be made into chocolate chips (that are eerily identical to Hershey’s) by dropping the mixture onto a parchment/waxed paper/plastic wrap lined cookie sheet with a pastry bag and fine tip.
Rawererin's ThoughtsBy rawererin
This is an excellent, raw, and completely solid chocolate bar.
Add vanilla and almonds for a Hershey’s Goodbar-esque bar.
Add mint extract for a deliciously smooth minty bars.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
stretch marks...MarioG33 - 6 hours 49 min ago
Has anyone ever woke up with a rancid taste in their mouth and had it last all day?ClaireT - 1 day 10 hours ago
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(pauliasmith6745 - 4 days 20 hours ago
Family food and raw foodcelinew - 4 days 22 hours ago
Really Dry Skinpauliasmith6745 - 5 days 2 hours ago