Rating4/5 (from 4 ratings)4
Yield2-3 cups of base chocolate mixture to use on its own, or to add mix instead
1 cup cacao butter (melted)
1 cup maple sugar granules (ground to fine powder)
¾ cup cacao powder
1. Grind the maple sugar to a fine powder and set aside.
2. Melt cacao butter in dehydrator until liquefied.
3. Add cacao powder, powdered maple sugar and stir until completely combined.
4. Mix ingredients quickly as cacao butter hardens fast. If you find it too stiff to comfortably work with, place mixture back into dehydrator to let it soften again.
5. Pour into candy molds, onto a lined cookie sheet, or onto any other flat surface and smooth to desired thickness.
6. Cover with waxed paper or plastic wrap and freeze until firm. Enjoy!
Rawererin's ThoughtsBy rawererin
This is an excellent, raw, and completely solid chocolate bar. It can also be made into chocolate chips (that are eerily identical to Hershey’s) by dropping the mixture onto a parchment/waxed paper/plastic wrap lined cookie sheet with a pastry bag and fine tip.
Add vanilla and almonds for a Hershey’s Goodbar-esque bar.
Add mint extract for a deliciously smooth minty bar.
When I made this, after incorporating the base ingredients, I split the mixture into two bowls: to one I added 3/4 to 1 cup coarsely ground soaked dehydrated almonds, and to the other half I added 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract.
I used the lids of a few of my Lock `n Lock containers to spread the mixture into. They were the perfect depth for me.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Change in eye colourClaireT - 1 day 1 hour ago
Enzymes killed in the stomach?SunSpirit - 1 day 23 hours ago
Coconut Sweetener...Any Thoughts?Pancake Organics - 2 days 13 hours ago
Armpits still stink months after detox?Rin - 3 days 7 hours ago
New Mommy and NEED Weightloss SupportRin - 3 days 7 hours ago