Rating4/5 (from 1 ratings)4
Yield4-8 chocolate needers
2½ cup coconut (dried or grated)
¼ cup raisins (soaked)
½ cup dates (soaked)
½ cup cherries (I used dried, but fresh would be good)
1 cup pecans (not soaked)
1 cup hazelnut nut flour, macadamia nut flour, or almond flour
½ cup cacao, carob, or cocoa (powdered)
1. Find a pan like a cookie sheet, but you will only need half of that size. Try to soak your dates and raisins for an hour or two, but I did it for only half an hour, and it still turned out.
2. In a big bowl, put 2 cups of coconut (I used the low fat stuff from the health food store that is really dry) but fresh would be optimal. Mix with the almond flour and cacao.
3. Blend dates and raisins to get a thick syrup. Pour this in with dry ingredients and mix with hands preferably. This is the part to really try to get perfect. Not too wet and not too dry.
4. Add half of the pecans and make sure the dough is sticky enough to hold them in. Spread this mixture into the pan so that it is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
5. Shake the rest of the coconut on the top evenly. Here you want to try to use the moist coconut shavings as they are so yummy.
6. Score the top and add a pecan into the center of each square and press down a little.
7. Place the pan in the fridge or freezer for an hour if possible and serve with fresh strawberries.
Writeeternity's ThoughtsBy writeeternity
Don’t jump! Eat this brownie!
I made this over at my mom's with her really bad blender only!
Everyone loved them, even though the raw baked goods idea kind of freaked them out. They were served with fresh strawberries on top.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Change in eye colourClaireT - 1 day 17 hours ago
Enzymes killed in the stomach?SunSpirit - 2 days 15 hours ago
Coconut Sweetener...Any Thoughts?Pancake Organics - 3 days 4 hours ago
Armpits still stink months after detox?Rin - 3 days 22 hours ago
New Mommy and NEED Weightloss SupportRin - 3 days 22 hours ago