1 medium carrot (julienned)
2 medium cucumbers (julienned)
¼ cup Thai basil (chopped)
¼ cup mint leaves (chopped)
Bunch of cilantro
2 big heads of romaine lettuce (chopped)
Bean sprouts or any sprouts (optional)
Kelp noodles (soaked overnight in 1 teaspoon salt – it should soften)
Handful of pecans or 1 cup
½ cup coconut meat
1 cup coconut water
Thumb size ginger (minced)
2 tablespoons almond butter
1 jalapeno pepper (remove seeds)
½ cup water
2 tablespoons agave nectar
¼ cup nama shoyu
SPICY NUT TOPPING
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup pecan seeds
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons chili pepper flakes
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon agave nectar
1. Prepare all the ingredients and set that aside.
2. Blend all ingredients together until smooth. For a spicier version, add 1 more jalapeno and leave the seeds in.
SPICY NUTS TOPPING
3. Crush the nuts into little chunks using mortar and pestle.
4. Place nuts in a bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients.
5. Arrange in a bowl from bottom to top: all the veggies, spicy nut toppings, and top or serve separately pecan sauce.
Cheflandria's ThoughtsBy Cheflandria
More on a traditional Vietnamese dish. Enjoy!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 4 days 6 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 6 days 23 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 9 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 9 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 1 week 9 hours ago