Ingredients are listed below!
FOR ICE CREAM
1/2c coconut butter/oil
1/4c agave nectar
1 vanilla pod
1c almond milk
1t lemon juice
1/2c tightly-packed fresh mint leaves
- Scrape the inside of the vanilla pod, and discard the outer part. Alternatively, you can leave the outer part in water to infuse, making â€˜vanilla waterâ€™.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 4, round, equal-sized moulds and place in the freezer to set. I used metal rings with plastic film stretched over the base of them.
3T cacao powder
1/4c melted cacao butter
1/2t lemon juice
3T agave nectar
1/4c almond milk
1/4c cacao nibs
1/2c pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- Blend all ingredients, with the exception of the cacao nibs and pistachio nuts, in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in the cacao nibs and pistachios.
- Use a spoon to form 8 Florentines (circles as big as the ice cream moulds you used) on some non-stick paper and place in the freezer to set. If you havenâ€™t got enough room in your freezer to lay them out flat, you can put them in the fridge first, until they are firm enough to stack up in the freezer.
- Remove the ice cream and Florentines from the freezer 1 – 2 hours before serving.
- Assemble the sandwiches with one Florentine on the bottom, and one on the top, of the ice cream that you removed from the moulds.
- Decorate the outside of the mint ice cream with some more chopped pistachio nuts.
From Chef Russell James! Found on therawchefblog.com and had to share!
Honeywater's ThoughtsBy honeywater
A yummy twist to your basic ice cream sandwich!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Do chia seeds need soaking?TammiTrue - 1 day 8 hours ago
Anyone going through menopause and raw?ClaireT - 1 day 10 hours ago
i need serious help!bobsm - 2 days 1 hour ago
Water from older coconutsClaireT - 2 days 6 hours ago
I was wondering if anyone here makes sauerkraut?Romey - 2 days 16 hours ago