1 cup carrots
2 cups walnuts
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1 tablespoon salt
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon ginger spice
1 teaspoon ginger
1. Blend carrots in food processor until mixture is pulpy. Remove carrots from processor.
2. Blend walnuts until you get a meal.
3. Add pumpkin pie spice, ginger, and a little salt and continue to blend.
4. Add carrots and blend until you have a lumpy cake batter. Remove mixture.
5. Process raisins with water and vanilla.
6. Add raisins to cake batter. Stir together. You should have something that looks like a muffin batter of a dark color.
7. Transfer mixture to a small container and dehydrate for 24 hours.
I was really craving something “bready” and rich. I couldn’t believe how great this turned out.
Every bite was amazing with banana ice cream.
I don’t have a dehydrator, so I put my oven on the warm setting and let it sit in there overnight. It was just warm to the touch and not hot at all.
Finally, I made it again this week and took a better picture.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2017 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!