Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Yield2 large or 4 small ice creams
2 cups macadamia nut milk
½ cup date paste
½ cup agave or more (depends on your sweet tooth)
1 vanilla bean
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup crunched sweet pecans (see below)
Sweet pecan recipe
2 tablespoons date paste (thinned out a bit)
Pinch of salt
¾ cup pecans
1. Pecans will need a full 24-32 hour dehydration time (maybe more). I left mine for 3 days straight until they shattered when I accidentally dropped one on the floor.
2. Soak them in thinned date paste about 6 hours. Drain and lightly salt.
MACADAMIA NUT MILK
4. Ratio is 1 cup nuts : 2 to 3 cups water. Strain through very fine cheese cloth and then do it again to make the ice cream smooth.
5. Add agave, vanilla, and salt and blend again. I thought this might be a good time to add a splash of rum if desired (didn't have any but will try next time).
6. Place in a glass jar and chill.
7. Fire up your ice cream maker. Shake jar to remix the liquid ingredients (or throw back into the blender).
8. Make ice cream. When the cream is starting to ball up, drizzle date paste in slowly and then the crunched nuts last (keeps them crunchier).
Omshanti's ThoughtsBy omshanti
This recipe is for my Dad. He's a butter pecan freak!
I like this recipe compared to any you can get in the store, as it doesn't have that cloyingly sweet, rich, and stick in your throat quality that the “real" stuff does.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone tried the bentonite Detox ?ClaireT - 1 day 10 hours ago
Change in eye colourClaireT - 4 days 11 hours ago
Enzymes killed in the stomach?SunSpirit - 5 days 9 hours ago
Coconut Sweetener...Any Thoughts?Pancake Organics - 5 days 22 hours ago
Armpits still stink months after detox?Rin - 6 days 16 hours ago