Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Yield2 large or 4 small ice creams
2 cups macadamia nut milk
½ cup date paste
½ cup agave or more (depends on your sweet tooth)
1 vanilla bean
1 teaspoon salt
¾ cup crunched sweet pecans (see below)
Sweet pecan recipe
2 tablespoons date paste (thinned out a bit)
Pinch of salt
¾ cup pecans
1. Pecans will need a full 24-32 hour dehydration time (maybe more). I left mine for 3 days straight until they shattered when I accidentally dropped one on the floor.
2. Soak them in thinned date paste about 6 hours. Drain and lightly salt.
MACADAMIA NUT MILK
4. Ratio is 1 cup nuts : 2 to 3 cups water. Strain through very fine cheese cloth and then do it again to make the ice cream smooth.
5. Add agave, vanilla, and salt and blend again. I thought this might be a good time to add a splash of rum if desired (didn't have any but will try next time).
6. Place in a glass jar and chill.
7. Fire up your ice cream maker. Shake jar to remix the liquid ingredients (or throw back into the blender).
8. Make ice cream. When the cream is starting to ball up, drizzle date paste in slowly and then the crunched nuts last (keeps them crunchier).
Omshanti's ThoughtsBy omshanti
This recipe is for my Dad. He's a butter pecan freak!
I like this recipe compared to any you can get in the store, as it doesn't have that cloyingly sweet, rich, and stick in your throat quality that the “real" stuff does.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 1 day 1 hour ago
recommendations on blue green algaeyardens - 1 day 1 hour ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 4 days 6 hours ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 4 days 6 hours ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 5 days 13 hours ago