Yield12 mini cupcakes; 24 globules
½ cup nuts of your selection
Pinch of cinnamon powder
1 cup coconut oil
½ cup agave nectar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup carob powder
1/3 cup cacao powder
1. Chop the nuts to crumbly size and mix them with cinnamon, set aside. When using just one processor, it makes a quicker clean between to do the nuts first.
2. With the processor, pulse the coconut oil, agave and vanilla until creamed together. Overprocessing can cause the oil to separate.
3. Pulse in the carob and/or cacao powders. Pull in the sides with a spatula and blend until the consistency is smooth then just portion and refrigerate.
4. If you want to use a mini muffin/ cupcake tray, just fill them up with fudge-cake and top with nuts. A half embedded pecan or almond can prove helpful when extracting them from the tin or setting the tin upside down and transferring heat from hands helps them slide out.
5. Otherwise, simply spread the nuts on a tray or plate and dollop on small fudge globules with spoons.
Rawvenge's ThoughtsBy rawvenge
This fudge can be altered to use cacao or carob powder in varied ratios or alone.
Carob may be slightly grainy and so you can first process it to a finer powder for smoother fudge (or leave it for a cake resemblance).
It’s naturally sweet, whereas cacao is bitter, so if opting for only cacao you may add 1/3 cup agave and 1/4 cup cacao powder to sop up extra moisture. Subtract some agave if carob is too sweet alone.
Other extracts for flavors may be substituted of course.
In a large muffin tin, it is like a small birthday cake.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Will hyperthyroidism cause tooth decay?Mage_5 - 51 min 53 sec ago
Has anyone tried the bentonite Detox ?francesr - 12 hours 4 min ago
Change in eye colourClaireT - 2 days 12 hours ago
Enzymes killed in the stomach?SunSpirit - 3 days 10 hours ago
Coconut Sweetener...Any Thoughts?Pancake Organics - 3 days 23 hours ago