1/2 cup apricots (soaked)
2 teaspoons allspice
1 teaspoon ginger (ground)
2 carrots (grated)
Dash of salt
1 cup buckwheat, spelt flour, or ground sunflower seeds
1. Put all the ingredients, except the carrots, into a food processor. Process until creamy.
2. Mix in the grated carrot and spread mixture onto Teflex sheet, forming into a large square or use spoonfuls to make individual sized buns.
3. Dehydrate at 145 Fahrenheit for an hour or two, and then flip over using another tray lined with Teflex. Peel back the original Teflex.
4. Dry until firm on the outside and reasonably ‘cooked’ on the inside. If drying for more than 3 hours, turn down dehydrator to 115 Fahrenheit.
5. Make an icing using your favorite nut cream or blend an orange, 2 bananas, 1 dessert spoon of coconut oil, pinch of salt, agave (to taste), and vanilla, adding enough water to create desired thickness. Cover the cake and decorate with poppy seeds or seasonal fruits.
Sweetpea's ThoughtsBy sweetpea
Lovely cake using the goodness of carrots.
Great for Halloween!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
stretch marks...MarioG33 - 5 hours 24 min ago
Has anyone ever woke up with a rancid taste in their mouth and had it last all day?ClaireT - 1 day 9 hours ago
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(pauliasmith6745 - 4 days 19 hours ago
Family food and raw foodcelinew - 4 days 21 hours ago
Really Dry Skinpauliasmith6745 - 5 days 1 hour ago