3/4 cup carrots (shredded or grated)
1/4 cup dates (moist and pitted)
1 tablespoon flax seed (ground)
4 tablespoons coconut shreds
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons blue agave nectar
2 tablespoons cashews (ground)
1/4-1/2 cup raisins (not soaked)
1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ginger (ground)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cashews (soaked in water for 2-3 hours)
4 tablespoons agave nectar
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons coconut butter or oil
1 teaspoon orange rind
Pinch of salt
1. Blend dates until they become a paste. Then add everything else, except for nuts, raisins and about a handful of carrot shavings.
2. Add nuts, raisins and carrots to the blend and pulse until well blended.
3. Mold into desired shape and place in dehydrator at 115 Fahrenheit for 4 hours or until firm enough to hold frosting.
4. For the frosting, place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
5. Place in refrigerator and allow to thicken if necessary. Frost cake as desired.
Hannah.hunnicutt's ThoughtsBy hannah.hunnicutt
Wow, this cake is so good, it's hard to believe it's raw!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Printing a recipeanewme - 2 hours 35 min ago
On and off RawRequisite - 12 hours 32 min ago
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?55153 - 1 day 14 hours ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 6 days 5 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 6 days 5 hours ago