2 cup sunflower seeds (washed and soaked)
1 cup pine nuts
2 lemons (juiced)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 bunch spring onions (aka green onions)
1/2 tablespoon sea salt
1. Pre Prep: Wash/rinse the Sunflower Seeds very well and then soak in good water for at least 4 hours, 6 is better. Rinse and shake dry in your strainer or allow to air dry for a while.
2. In your food processor process the dry-ish ingredients (sunflower seeds, salt and pine nuts) into a fine meal.
3. Then add the lemon juice and olive oil. Process again until smooth, scrape off sides as needed. Get it so it is rolling as it moves around your processor.
4. Process until smooth yet very thick. Don't be scared to let it go for ages, the longer it goes the creamier it is. Then at the end, add the green onion and process slightly to break them into the cheese.
5. Allow to stand for 30 minutes. (If you taste it while it is being made or right after, expect the lemon to stand out. It dies down after it has sat for a while.)
6. You can shape into cubes or balls and dehydrate for a while to get a firmer cheese for cheese salad, feta etc.
The easiest, creamiest and tastiest cheese ever! Just takes a few minutes to make. Our 2nd best seller.
Nut-free option: Use 3 cups of sunflower seeds and no pine nuts.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!